Recipe Tomato salad

Moon drying? That sounds so romantic and mystical - but perhaps its a typo!

not a typo, I think the idea was from a Alistair little restaurant, marinade the prepped tom halves in honey, garlic ,rosemary, olive oil and coriander seeds ,start them off in the oven and then dry them out in a hot cupboard ,just enough to keep the shape ,limit the salt as the tastes intensify

not a typo, I think the idea was from a Alistair little restaurant, marinade the prepped tom halves in honey, garlic ,rosemary, olive oil and coriander seeds ,start them off in the oven and then dry them out in a hot cupboard ,just enough to keep the shape ,limit the salt as the tastes intensify
Sounds lovely! I must try this. So why is it called moon drying? Is it because you do it overnight:scratchhead:

For me my preference is cherry tomatoes in salads - they're always so sweet and juicy! I do make a point of cutting them in half though before I put them in a salad though as I've had one too many "tomato juice and seeds squirting everywhere" incidents after popping whole ones in my mouth!

I like making salad with plum or cherry tomatoes. There are such a big variety of tomatoes now so sometimes I will try out some of the new ones and see what I think of them. You can get the sweet ones which i really like depending on the salad you are making. There are also the yellow and orange ones which look great for presentation.

I normally use cherry tomatoes, but when I don't have them at home, I use normal tomatoes chopped. They're juicy and they don't make the salad taste soggy or strange. The only thing I don't like about them is when I forget to cut them in half and they squirt in mouth!

Back
Top Bottom