Trumps history

Status
Not open for further replies.
McCarthy really brought the hammer down in his meeting with Greene. He had previously proposed to remove her from the Education Committee but keep per on the Budget Committee. Instead, he decided to keep her on both. So, the House is voting today on whether or not to strip her of her assignments. McCarthy said that she's remorseful for things she's said previously (claiming that the Parkland mass shooting was staged, that no plane actually crashed in the Pentagon on 9/11, and a series of bats*** crazy ideas, including California wildfires being started by Jewish space lasers). But, yesterday, she said, “we owe them no apologies” and “we will never back down." Yep...sounds pretty repentant to me. She did end up giving a speech where she said that 9/11 and the Parkland shooting actually happened, and then blamed the media for twisting her words (note: there are many videos of her saying these things). I assume this scripted response was required by the Republican leadership.

Some good news: Liz Cheney gets to keep her leadership role, surviving by a 145-61 margin in a vote amongst Republicans in the House. In case you didn't know, Cheney's terrible crime was daring to suggest that Donald Trump did a bad thing in encouraging his followers to overthrow the government.
She's like her idol, Trump, talking out of both sides of her mouth (AKA two-faced liar).

Reminds me of the joke:

Q: How can you tell when a politician is lying?
A: Their mouth is moving.

I guess except in the case of Trump, because he isn't a politician, right? LMAO. And also his mouth might be moving while he is eating his greasy McDonald's and drinking his Diet Coke. UGH.

Just read they stripped her of her committee assignments. Now they need to boot her out of politics altogether.

For real. During the #metoo era, we saw Dems like Al Franken resign over things that were certainly in bad taste, but done years to holding office. Certainly not to the level of supporting death for their opposition, or claiming that an even that resulted in 3K American deaths was fake. Mind you, this isn't to excuse Franken's behavior, just an example.

Then again, with COVID, there has been 9/11 level death counts everyday for months now, and some still claim it's all a hoax.

Edited to add....in closed door sessions lastnight, she got a standing ovation from her GOP counterparts. All of this BS now about "sorry" is more like "sorry, not sorry" and just show.

Last edited:
... In case you didn't know, Cheney's terrible crime was daring to suggest that Donald Trump did a bad thing in encouraging his followers to overthrow the government.
GOP votes to remove Cheney from leadership: 61
GOP votes to remove Greene from committees: 11

Yup. That's all that really needs to be said about the state of the GOP.

GOP votes to remove Cheney from leadership: 61
GOP votes to remove Greene from committees: 11

Yup. That's all that really needs to be said about the state of the GOP.
That's both sad and funny.

For real. During the #metoo era, we saw Dems like Al Franken resign over things that were certainly in bad taste, but done years to holding office. Certainly not to the level of supporting death for their opposition, or claiming that an even that resulted in 3K American deaths was fake. Mind you, this isn't to excuse Franken's behavior, just an example.

Then again, with COVID, there has been 9/11 level death counts everyday for months now, and some still claim it's all a hoax.

Edited to add....in closed door sessions lastnight, she got a standing ovation from her GOP counterparts. All of this BS now about "sorry" is more like "sorry, not sorry" and just show.
Al Franken was quite possibly the smartest person ever in the Senate. Got kicked out for a sophomoric photo. The rest was BS, in my opinion.

Mediocre movie, but perhaps prophetic?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clYwX8Z43zg

CD

Just read they stripped her of her committee assignments. Now they need to boot her out of politics altogether.
I hope not mate. Every ruling party needs a target. At some stage she will resume her stupidity. To be an effective opposition you need a unified party. The GOP has more divisions than I have ever seen. Biden's and his advisors (very impressive) , this woman and her ilk are meat and drink to them.

I hope not mate. Every ruling party needs a target. At some stage she will resume her stupidity. To be an effective opposition you need a unified party. The GOP has more divisions than I have ever seen. Biden's and his advisors (very impressive) , this woman and her ilk are meat and drink to them.
There are plenty of other scumbags in her party they can target without missing a beat. She's dangerous. She's in a position where she can address stupid sheeple who will believe her dangerous lies and crazy rhetoric. Some of her GOP constituents may be scumbags, but most do not follow QAnon and bizarre conspiracy theories. Most (if not all) realize that 9-11 was real and so were the Parkland school shootings.

Why are so many Republicans in thrall to Trump? I used to think that Ronnie Reagan was a right-wing fruitcake, but he was nothing compared to this.
It has always been a bastion for the WASP racists "
The Republican establishment attempted to balance the base’s embrace of birtherism with the pressure they were facing from Democrats to denounce it. At first, Republican leaders like John Boehner and Mitch McConnell said they accepted Obama “at his word,” a non-disavowal that allowed space for the possibility that Obama was lying about his background. But by the 2012 presidential election, even the GOP standard-bearer, Mitt Romney, felt obligated to pay direct tribute to birtherism. “Now I love being home, in this place where Ann and I were raised, where both of us were born,” Romney told supporters at a campaign rally in Michigan in August to cheers and laughter. “No one’s ever asked to see my birth certificate; they know that this is the place that we were born and raised.” The virtue of the joke is that it makes the target responsible for the racism directed against him; if Obama did not want his birthplace questioned, he should have been white.
Romney’s birther joke was preceded by another key development, the alliance between the reality-show celebrity Donald Trump and Fox News. In the spring of 2011, as the Republican primary got under way, Trump embraced the birther theory wholesale, wielding his trademark innuendos and falsehoods. Fox News then picked up the crusade, devoting hours of airtime to his insinuations."
“He doesn’t have a birth certificate. He may have one, but there is something on that birth certificate—maybe religion, maybe it says he’s a Muslim; I don’t know,” Trump told Fox News in late March of that year. “I have people that have been studying it and they cannot believe what they’re finding,” he told NBC in early April. “I may tie my tax returns into Obama’s birth certificate,” he suggested later that month. Trump rose sharply in the primary polls, but never formally ran, instead endorsing Romney, who gushed, “It means a great deal to me to have the endorsement of Mr. Trump.”
The GOP the racist viewers of Fox news (fair and balanced) listeners to Rush Limbaugh Show, which has been in national syndication on AM and FM radio stations since 1988 knew what they were getting in Trump and loved it. For the third time Biden has no hope of healing America, racism is endemic. He can only hope to marginalize and control the extremists for his term in office.
America soiled underwear has been viewed by the world.

Last edited:
Al Franken was quite possibly the smartest person ever in the Senate. Got kicked out for a sophomoric photo. The rest was BS, in my opinion.

Mediocre movie, but perhaps prophetic?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clYwX8Z43zg

CD

Yes....I do think of this one from time to time when I see what's happening in our world. I've seen it several times, and I think it's a funny movie, though maybe not so funny now that it's actually happening.

The Al Franken case was one where the Democrats continued to operate as they always have, with a sense that we need to hold ourselves to a high standard before we criticize others for their conduct. The thing is, gestures like this fall on deaf ears. There are certainly honorable Republicans in Congress, but more and more don't really care about gestures like this. There's no obligation to reciprocate with a like gesture.

A prime example was the hypocrisy of Mitch McConnell blocking Obama's Merrick Garland appointment to the Supreme Court because 11 months was too close to the 2016 election, but rationalizing that it was okay to ram the Amy Coney Barrett appointment through a month and a half before the 2020 election.

An even better example might be how Fox News spent 4 days blasting Obama for the unforgivable crime of....wearing a tan suit. Yet, somehow Trump's conduct the past 4 years was totally okay.

This sort of armed camp approach makes cooperation so difficult. The Dems have control of both houses and the White House, so they don't have cooperate with the Republicans. But, I still hope some middle ground can be found as time goes on. We can't keep on like this indefinitely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom