Trumps history

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in an area where there are a lot of illegal immigrants, but instead of mostly Mexican, we have them from Mexico and countries further south, as well as various Caribbean countries. Yes, immigrants are involved in many criminal activities, but there are just as many crimes committed by US born citizens. In fact, the last few crimes that made the news here were committed by US born people. Hospitals, yes, there are lots of undocumented people there, but just as many US born that may or may not have insurance. I don't like the fact that we have so many illegals, but I also don't like the fact that the previous administration separated children from both parents (and often can't find 1 or the other to reunite) and I really don't like the previous administration's policies regarding DACA kids. Let's also not forget that the trade deficit has greatly increased since Trump took office. Oh, his border wall, let's see, corruption, prison sentences, crumbling, banks eroding under some sections, which means parts will eventually fall, because of poor engineering/construction.

I'm registered as an independent, have been for many years. Would probably have voted for McCain had his running mate been someone else. Voted for Hilary basically as a vote against Trump. Had Pence been running for President in 2016 might have voted for him depending on his running mate. Basically, like others, my votes have also been for what I feel like is the lesser of 2 evils for quite a few years.

As for the ranting posts previously, just whoa.

Mod.Comment: A number of posts have been deleted from this thread due to their inflammatory nature. Some posts have also contained racist remarks which are not tolerated on this forum. In order to remove these posts/remarks I have also needed to delete some perfectly reasonable posts as they do not make sense when the 'context' is removed.

Please can we draw a line under this discussion.

I always thought the funniest and cruelest punishment for him would have been to put him in a straight jacket in a padded room with his cell phone dangling from the ceiling, just out of reach.
That would be a fate worse than death for him. ;-)

I appreciate it when politicians are forthright, but I have always disliked his use of Twitter. It was a disaster because he has no filter and nobody to tell him to stop tweeting. For me, it cheapened the POTUS role.

I appreciate it when politicians are forthright, but I have always disliked his use of Twitter. It was a disaster because he has no filter and nobody to tell him to stop tweeting. For me, it cheapened the POTUS role.
Agreed. I always found it undignified and unpresidential.

Reactions: mjd

I am pretty sure his staff and perhaps Pence advised him against it, among other things he was advised not to do.

I am pretty sure his staff and perhaps Pence advised him against it, among other things he was advised not to do.
I disagree with you on that. His people were afraid to say things to him and it was reported that the only person he *might* consider listening to is Ivanka. The rest were just "yes men (and women)" telling him what he wants to hear (which is probably why he got blindsided by the election results. He honestly equated his bigger rallies as proof that he won the election).

I disagree with you on that. His people were afraid to say things to him and it was reported that the only person he *might* consider listening to is Ivanka. The rest were just "yes men (and women)" telling him what he wants to hear (which is probably why he got blindsided by the election results. He honestly equated his bigger rallies as proof that he won the election).
He was constantly firing people...the "yes" people got to stick around.

Reactions: mjd
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom