TV Cooking Shows

Pat

Veteran
Local time
9:11 PM
One of the cooking shows I always enjoyed watching was Semi-Homemade.
The Hostess, Sandra Lee, takes food prepared at the store adds items to it which makes it seem like it was cooked at home. Her thought is good cooking does not mean you have to eat from a box or spend all day cooking.

What tv cooking shows do you like?

I enjoy watching TV cooking shows. I find it to be a relaxing thing to do. The hosts of these shows all seem to enjoy what they do and they are very efficient too. One of the cooking shows that I particularly like to watch is "Barefoot Contessa." She simply enjoys cooking and she puts her all into it. I am yet to try some of the recipes that I see on these shows.

I like the Barefoot Contessa as well, she has some great recipes that I would like to try at some point. I also love watching the Pioneer Woman, and Farmhouse Rules.

i like the more old fashioned approach: The French Chef, Lydia's Italy, Essential Pepin. The new breed of shows on Food Network aren't entirely bad it's just not something I have a ton of time for. I've seen them once or twice.

There is not much on the Food Network at night other then those blobs of bloody challenge shows, to which I'm so sick to death of!!!
They really need to stop this crap!!! The only ones that I will watch at night though, is Chopped & Diners Drive-in & Dives!! :stop:

In HS I watched a lot of Emeril Live, Good Eats, and some Paula Dean. I liked Good Eats a lot, he is so entertaining and educational at the same time. I don't have TV any more so it's been years since I saw a cooking show.

I love watching TV Cooking Shows and even Cooking Events being held in some public places. This is one way where I can learn more knowledge and ideas which will be my additional reference for my cooking. I watched any kind of TV Cooking Shows and I do not have any particular show that I considered that I am enjoying watching as long as the show is educational.

In HS I watched a lot of Emeril Live, Good Eats, and some Paula Dean. I liked Good Eats a lot, he is so entertaining and educational at the same time. I don't have TV any more so it's been years since I saw a cooking show.

I absolutely LOVED Emeril Live!!! I hated to see his show end! But I'm so glad that I recorded some of the eps on VHS!!
Big Daddy's House was another one that I also loved!! Got some eps of THAT one on tape as well!!! :wink: :stop:

In the uk there are a lot less cookery shows than there was ,unless you have sky tv plenty of repeats to watch, James Martin does a long drawn out Saturday morning show and the other show that's on is master chef and I just do not like the 2 hosts,Gordon Ramsey has gone global so unless it's a American made show we don't get to see him any more,
I have seen how a kitchens from hell works with Gordon and it's not pretty how they do it ,2 weeks of filming ,broke down to 1 hour of what Gordon thinks you should watch,what makes him look good

There used to be a show that aired on the Food Network on late Sunday mornings.
It was called Two Fat Ladies, which I think, was also filmed in the UK. I LOVED watching that show!! :wink:
Sadly, one of them died from lung cancer - Jennifer. She used to smoke on the show near the end of each ep of the program. :(

There used to be a show that aired on the Food Network on late Sunday mornings.
It was called Two Fat Ladies, which I think, was also filmed in the UK. I LOVED watching that show!! :wink:
Sadly, one of them died from lung cancer - Jennifer. She used to smoke on the show near the end of each ep of the program. :(

they were a great combination ,they would turn up at a English country home in a motorbike and side car and cook good traditional food using local ingredients,with white quirks and age learnt information

they were a great combination ,they would turn up at a English country home in a motorbike and side car and cook good traditional food using local ingredients,with white quirks and age learnt information

Yeah, they often cooked for kids in the community.
The kids would often come over to a large dining hall, sit down on long table benches and take great pride & pleasure in dining on a big breakfast, lunch or supper!
They would get local foods from a farm, or go down to the market. :wink:

I used to love watching the Two Fat Ladies too. Did you know that Clarissa is a recovering alcoholic. She's done marvellously! There's another UK show called "Ade in Britain", where Adrian Edmonson travels around the country trying the regional foods. He always cooks up a traditional meal on his little camping stove at the end of the show and shares it out. I've really enjoyed watching him do something completely different to his usual British toilet humour roles.

Have no fear Dancinglady, you can now stream TV shows online so you can go back to watching them. Sometimes I stream shows from Foodnetwork when I get bored or my fiance is hogging the real TV in our living room.

I love cooking competition shows! Top Chef, chopped, masterchef, iron chef, you name it. The only show I don't really enjoy watching is probably the US hells kitchen. Watching Gordon Ramsey yell profanities at contestants the whole time has gotten way too old.

Back
Top Bottom