TV Cooking Shows

Well recently I stumbled on the Food Network channel and just got locked in. Surprisingly I did not end up sobbing for someone who was "chopped" or something like that. They just kept coming one after the other and I found myself glued until early morning. The name I remember best was Bobby Flay. I saw him in different shows. One where you come up against him and the other where he is mentor or something of the sort. I get a little emotional at times so I honestly try to stay away from the competitive side of things. The one that did not hold my attention was one that had something to do with some sort of Cut throat cooking or kitchen.

I have mixed feeling about cooking shows particularly when it comes to competition.

Have you watched masterchef Australia? They have a REALLY great show going. It's got an excellent balance between the competitive aspect and the cooking aspect

I remember Natale Dupree.

She had her own cooking show on the Food Network when it was in its infancy. I also remember the show; Feeding Your Family on $99 a Week. Forgot the name of the host though. :wink:

Have you watched masterchef Australia? They have a REALLY great show going. It's got an excellent balance between the competitive aspect and the cooking aspect

No I have not. I will seek it out. I actually stopped and did a quick search. I guess I should be able to view some of it somewhere online if it's not available on any of my channels. Sometimes, the competitions are just that and it takes away from just good old cooking. It's so different from simply being introduced to a good dish and shown the steps to accomplish a good meal. Sometimes, that's all a girl wants.

I also remember The Frugal Gourmet.

Jeff Smith was the host of the cooking show. He became a subject of controversy for a sex scandal though, and lost his bid to continue with the show.
It was later cancelled, and he died. :ohmy:

Recently I've been watching a lot of The Great British Bake Off, which is a BBC baking competition show. It's usually a lot more pleasant than most American cooking competitions; the competitors seem to be a lot nicer to each other.

I used to love Good Eats on Food Network. It was just the right combination of informative and entertaining for me.

I loved Good Eats and a lot of other old shows on the Food Network.
But I've grown extremely tired of hearing Alton Brown!! Especially on Iron Chef America! It as gotten so that the sound of his voice just got under my skin!! Especially when he just keeps on repeating that "Gosh darn it"!!! Give me a break!!! :mad: :stop:

I like Extra Virgin and the Spice Goddess. Those are two that I can think of right off from the top of my head. I used to watch Yan Can Cook when I was younger (you have to love that guy!), but it was sometimes difficult to catch the program. Of course that was before satellite TV and entire channels of cooking shows.

Master chef final here in the uk next week
Not a bad programme ,it's the best of amateur chefs,
I had a finalist apply for a job with us one year,they had no idea how to cook professionally
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006t1k5

We tend to watch it part way though off and on then the last couple of weeks, otherwise it can get really tedious.

We tend to watch it part way though off and on then the last couple of weeks, otherwise it can get really tedious.
as there are three different series it does get tedious !
i don't mind the programme but cant be dealing so much with greg and john

as there are three different series it does get tedious !
i don't mind the programme but cant be dealing so much with greg and john

They are rather annoying. There have been some pretty dodgy dishes in this series

I like Yan Can Cook!! :wink:

Wow! We used to get that in the UK about 20 years ago and I loved it! He made some amazing dishes and always inspired me to get the wok out and sratr stir-frying.If Yan can cook, so can you!

Back
Top Bottom