Recipe Vegan Cheesecake (also gluten free*)

Herbie

Veteran
Local time
7:14 PM
Carnation brought out a vegan condensed milk late last year (Note this is made with gluten free oats but some people with gluten issues can also be sensitive to even gluten-free oats). So, bring on the pudding experiments! This was delicious. A firm cream cheese makes a big difference. This recipe is adapted from one of two published on the the Carnation website.

Base:
150g Vegan 'digestive' biscuits
30g Vegan 'butter' (I used flora unsalted)

Filling:

200g Vegan Carnation condensed milk
600g Vegan cream cheese (I tried Violife and Morrison's own brand. The Morrisons did not work as well as was not as firm so the cheese layer was too thin/runny. VioLife made the texture more 'cheesecakey')
1tsp Vanilla essence
Zest and juice ½ lemon

Topping:
I used some cooked-down cherries.

This made about 9 in little ramekin-style pots (I used the empty pots from 'Gu' puddings)
1. Crush the biscuits.
2. Melt the butter
3. Mix the butter and biscuits and push into the base of each dish.

4. Mix the mils, cheese, lemon and vanilla. (I found I needed an electric hand blender to get it completely smooth.
5. Set in fridge.
6. Add topping before eating (If making a set toping I would add before putting in the fridge)

Last edited:
I hadn't heard of the Carnation vegan condensed milk before. I wonder if it makes a no-churn ice cream like the standard condensed milk does.

Just looked it up and the one I found is made with rice and oats - not coconut:

Back
Top Bottom