Vegetables you dislike

quite honestly, don't think I would ever eat mushy peas. Just looking at them is off putting.

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. I should add then to my list. But I've never made my own, so haven't really tried anything other than shop bought ones.

There are truly wonderful in my world - and very similar to dhal (as @Yorky has said). There is also a black pea (Carlin peas or Black Badgers) which is served mushy - traditional in the North East & Lancashire. Totally delicious!

https://www.lavenderandlovage.com/2016/03/carlins-black-badgers-parched-peas.html

I'll list veggies I like:

All beans (green and whole)
Turnips
Radishes
Carrots
Lettuces
Potatoes (should list about six times :laugh:
Onions
Celery
Celeriac
Cabbages
Parsnips
Peas
Kohlrabi
Sprouts
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Leeks
Beets
Peppers
Tomatoes (yes, I know...)

And that's just mentally going through the produce section. There are likely others.

So you like cabbage and sprouts but don't like greens such as collard, spinach, kale? I'm trying to understand... :scratchhead:

Yiu can cook any vegetables but radishes become mellower and more like turnips.
Even if you slice them, salt them, let them drain for 30 minutes, they'll mellow considerably. That radish salad a submitted a few days ago - I was munching raw radishes while making it, and they were hot, but by the time I salted and drained them and dressed them, they were extremely mild.

So you like cabbage and sprouts but don't like greens such as collard, spinach, kale? I'm trying to understand... :scratchhead:
I'm not sure I understand what's not to understand! :)

Greens, when cooked, go all limp and watery. Cabbage and sprouts are a lot more firm and hold their shape much better.

Frankly, cooked greens look like a plate of sick. When I do eat spinach, it's raw in a salad.

I don't eat eggplant, and okra. I also do not eat radishes, I like them, they don't like me. lol

I don't eat eggplant, and okra. I also do not eat radishes, I like them, they don't like me. lol

I don't eat eggplant either but I'm trying to grow some so I will try it if I'm successful. I have an Indian recipe that looks good.

image.jpg

Posting a picture of a recipe might make things easier for the poster, but what about people that would like a copy of your recipe?

Back
Top Bottom