Vending Machines

In Delhi airport departure lounge many years ago I could not buy a beer as they would only take US$ over the counter. I only had Rupees and Sterling. I asked for an empty glass so that I could drink a little of my duty free but that was not allowed either. The assistant suggested that I use a cardboard cup from a vending machine which I did. The brandy ate through the cardboard.
That must have been a very strong brandy...! :p:

Ok, so on Thursday the vending machine was replaced with a newer version, it is on trial for 2 weeks and have asked for feedback. The coffee is still s**t an can we change the soup-don't like tomato. People moaned to each other instead of coming in to us, so anyway on Monday the coffee and soup are being changed. When you choose a drink the machine gives a code and that can be used every time, quicker. Yesterday we were told the code for their drink changed-sorry no it can't, but apparently it did, their code was for coffee and they got hot chocolate. The engineer came in to check everything was ok and checked the code-of course it hadn't changed but as per there will always be someone to fuss and complain about change-they were the ones who originally complained about the other machine. Can't please everyone but sometimes I get fed up with the constant moaning :mad:

Ok, so on Thursday the vending machine was replaced with a newer version, it is on trial for 2 weeks and have asked for feedback. The coffee is still s**t an can we change the soup-don't like tomato. People moaned to each other instead of coming in to us, so anyway on Monday the coffee and soup are being changed. When you choose a drink the machine gives a code and that can be used every time, quicker. Yesterday we were told the code for their drink changed-sorry no it can't, but apparently it did, their code was for coffee and they got hot chocolate. The engineer came in to check everything was ok and checked the code-of course it hadn't changed but as per there will always be someone to fuss and complain about change-they were the ones who originally complained about the other machine. Can't please everyone but sometimes I get fed up with the constant moaning :mad:

I think the last time I used a vending machine would be 20 years ago buying some cigs.

Russ

Had a phone call today from a lady at a vending machine company, would like send out a rep for a chat. I told her we used to have a contract with them, she seemed surprised. She asked why we chose to go to another supplier, so I told her: machines were unreliable kept breaking down-we would come back after Christmas and the machines would be out of order and floods on the floor, also the ingredients were repeatedly changed and the drinks were so bad that people stopped buying them.
She responded with: oh, that isn't good, well that was a few years ago and things have moved on, maybe we would give them a thought should we start looking. No, I don't think so :headshake:

Had a phone call today from a lady at a vending machine company, would like send out a rep for a chat. I told her we used to have a contract with them, she seemed surprised. She asked why we chose to go to another supplier, so I told her: machines were unreliable kept breaking down-we would come back after Christmas and the machines would be out of order and floods on the floor, also the ingredients were repeatedly changed and the drinks were so bad that people stopped buying them.
She responded with: oh, that isn't good, well that was a few years ago and things have moved on, maybe we would give them a thought should we start looking. No, I don't think so :headshake:

Lol, it hey just don't get it eh? The customer is always right, look after your customer. I used to shout my customers all the time to thank them for their business. I used to,charge accordingly though.

Russ

Well, the machine we had on trial wasn't a success, better quality coffee nobody noticed and it was giving us some issues so it was decided to get rid and replace with a cheaper to run model, just needed to wait for a date for the change to happen.
The guy turned up before lunch,changed the water machine then after lunch replaced the vending machine, if someone hadn't mentioned it we would not have known because we were not informed.
This one is hot drinks only, back to the cheaper Kenco coffee and Cadburys hot chocolate. Obviously we did a taste test and the mochaccino is rather nice. Just waiting now for the complaints

We have gone back to Kenco, apparently the Nescafe was too bitter. No complaints so far.

Yesterday the coffee brand was changed so asked people for their opinion, 3 said it was weak, 2 haven't noticed any difference and 1 prefers the old stuff :o_o:

One job I had required that I go to a sprinkler supply place. They had counter service. One of the kids that worked there was always being put down by this redneck preacher who also worked the counter, because he was Hispanic. This piece of work would make racial slurs, even in front of customers. All the counter guys carried a small spray can of LPS (like WD-40) in a belt holster. This redneck loved his coffee, having several cups per day. The kid would squirt some LPS in his cup every time he got a fresh cup, when he wasn't looking. After the kid left for another job, the redneck started complaining that the coffee didn't taste right. :D

One job I had required that I go to a sprinkler supply place. They had counter service. One of the kids that worked there was always being put down by this redneck preacher who also worked the counter, because he was Hispanic. This piece of work would make racial slurs, even in front of customers. All the counter guys carried a small spray can of LPS (like WD-40) in a belt holster. This redneck loved his coffee, having several cups per day. The kid would squirt some LPS in his cup every time he got a fresh cup, when he wasn't looking. After the kid left for another job, the redneck started complaining that the coffee didn't taste right. :D
I can imagine WD40 adding a nice aroma and a luxurious lustre to a cup of coffee in small quantities!

I worked with a guy who used to steal food out of the fridge where we worked. I got an Easter egg ( marshmallow coated in chocolate, two halves joined together) pulled it apart and put a booger in it. Sure enough it went missing. Everyone there afterwards would ask, how was the Easter egg Gary?
He knew what I did. Food stopped disappearing after that.
Russ

One of my colleagues has 2 hot chocolate drinks at a time to put into her own cup, I tried 1 yesterday, it was so sweet I could feel my teeth itch. Thing is she can eat an entire pack of fruit pastilles all to herself during the day as well as chocolate bars, a very sweet tooth.

One of my colleagues has 2 hot chocolate drinks at a time to put into her own cup, I tried 1 yesterday, it was so sweet I could feel my teeth itch. Thing is she can eat an entire pack of fruit pastilles all to herself during the day as well as chocolate bars, a very sweet tooth.

I used to eat ½ kg of midget gems on the day after I gave up smoking - and many days after that.

Back
Top Bottom