Vending Machines

Every street corner in Japan (my pic from Kyoto 2016) had a drink vending machine. They were often exposed to direct sunlight which seemed a huge loss of energy. I've only seen a few food or drink vending machines in Finland (mainly in high schools, universities, hotels, airports and big office buildings) but distinct coffee machines exist everywhere - even in the car tire center we use. There used to be dozens of gambling machines in every supermarket lobby, mall, cruise ship and gas station in the past - first without any supervision, then for people over 16 years, later only for adults - but now the near-monopoly government-run national betting company Veikkaus is facing allegations of promoting pathological gambling and is cutting down on the apparatus.
jap.JPG

A pic from the "good old times".
pel.JPG

Photo source

Last edited:
We still have a fair amount of vending machines around where I live. Two on each floor of the office, and any shopping mall will have them.

I read online that Coka-Cola is getting rid of some of there sodas. Which ones, I don't know yet. :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom