What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

I've found that the lid from my largest Procook stainless steel saucepan fits perfectly! Its a glass lid so even better - I assume you suggested a different lid because its easier to check how the slow cook is doing?
Perfect!

Its partially because of that, but also because I find the big Instant Pot lid keeps too much moisture in....even with slow cooking you need a little bit of evaporation.

Perfect!

Its partially because of that, but also because I find the big Instant Pot lid keeps too much moisture in....even with slow cooking you need a little bit of evaporation.

Oh thank you! Now all I have to do is work out how to set this thing to slow cook...

The Wife and I bought a new fridge/freezer. Not by choice though,it's a built in Monogram.
Started looking only to find that a new one ran for 10K!!! I'll never buy another house with a built in fridge!!!

Oh thank you! Now all I have to do is work out how to set this thing to slow cook...

Here is how my slow cooker works. I put my stuff into the cast iron Dutch oven, put the DO in my oven (cooker), set the temperature on the oven. Walk away. My slow cooker also came with the option to put the DO on the cooktop (hob), set it to LOW/Simmer, and walk away.

My slow cooker is also dishwasher safe (enamel coated cast iron).

But wait, there's more!!! It also has a deep fryer option. Fill the DO with oil, and turn up the burner/hob.

CD :D

I feel for you. I really do. I use the dishwasher daily (overnight) so when I cook, everything is immediately cleared up and put in the dish-washer. Then next morning my partner empties it before I get up. Now I should point out that he has dementia, so sometimes things are put away in odd places but at least it means I start every day with everything clean and put away and can cook all day with no dirty dishes in sight.

I feel ya.
My Mother stayed with the Wife and I until her dementia got so bad we had to put her in assisted living.
She tried to help around the house but like you we couldnt find anything when she emptied the dishwasher.
To make matters worse she'd empty the dishwasher before it had been run.
We'd pull out something from the cabinet and have to wash it before we used it.

My laundry "room" is really just a double-door closet that holds the washer and dryer. Full walk-in laundry rooms are more common here.

CD

Our Laundry room is off the casual dining room.
It's a pretty large room that also has a fold out Ironing board on the wall,our second freezer and a full bath that you can access from the pool.
It keeps wet feet confined to the laundry room which is tiled.
The Wife loves it.
She also loves the Butler Pantry something she'd never heard of. She turned it into Her home office.... 😋

Speaking of using rooms not for their intended purpose....
We have the formal dining room that we never used except for Holidays.
I said the hell with that it's wasted space and we have more cooking equipment than we have cabinet space.
Especially since the Wife commandeered the Butler Pantry for Her office. Sold the formal dining room set and put up shelves and even it's getting crowded.

Speaking of using rooms not for their intended purpose....
We have the formal dining room that we never used except for Holidays.
I said the hell with that it's wasted space and we have more cooking equipment than we have cabinet space.
Especially since the Wife commandeered the Butler Pantry for Her office. Sold the formal dining room set and put up shelves and even it's getting crowded.

View attachment 90993

View attachment 90994

View attachment 90995

My last house had a formal living room and formal dining room, plus a big eat-in kitchen and big family room. I agree, formal dining rooms (and formal living rooms) are a waste of space. The rooms were full of Ethan Allen furniture that rarely got used, making them a waste of money, too

My current house is a lot smaller. It still has two "living rooms," but I turned one into a small photo studio.

Keeping all of my cooking stuff in the kitchen keeps me from buying a bunch of cooking stuff I don't really need. :laugh:

CD

My last house had a formal living room and formal dining room, plus a big eat-in kitchen and big family room. I agree, formal dining rooms (and formal living rooms) are a waste of space. The rooms were full of Ethan Allen furniture that rarely got used, making them a waste of money, too

My current house is a lot smaller. It still has two "living rooms," but I turned one into a small photo studio.

Keeping all of my cooking stuff in the kitchen keeps me from buying a bunch of cooking stuff I don't really need. :laugh:

CD

Yeah...
The Wife really wanted this house,the only reason I agreed was the four car garage that has power for my welder the pool and hottub,not to mention it sits on the 6th fairway so I can jump in the cart and head to the clubhouse and it's gated.
Not to mention the two car SxS garage is A/C'd. And the deep one will fit my truck and trailer for the Polaris General SxS.

Yeah...
The Wife really wanted this house,the only reason I agreed was the four car garage that has power for my welder the pool and hottub,not to mention it sits on the 6th fairway so I can jump in the cart and head to the clubhouse and it's gated.
Not to mention the two car SxS garage is A/C'd. And the deep one will fit my truck and trailer for the Polaris General SxS.
View attachment 90996

View attachment 90997
View attachment 90998

Being new, you don't know about MorningGlory's Mod-Copter. She hovers over us looking for off-topic posts. She uses them to start new threads. We are venturing into her radar range. :eek: :laugh:

CD

Being new, you don't know about MorningGlory's Mod-Copter. She hovers over us looking for off-topic posts. She uses them to start new threads. We are venturing into her radar range. :eek: :laugh:

CD

She's free to move it if she wants to.

A fondue set, on par with the challenge.

I thought about buying a fondue set, but when I think back to when I had one, I can count the number of times I used it on my fingers, and not run out of fingers.

CD

A fondue set, on par with the challenge.

You've just reminded me to check whether we have any meths for ours, or if I need to buy some - thanks!
A few years ago we had a fondue in Lauterbrunnen which came with a little dish of caraway seeds to sprinkle in.....never seen it before, but it was lovely.

I thought about buying a fondue set, but when I think back to when I had one, I can count the number of times I used it on my fingers, and not run out of fingers.

CD

We only have a fondue maybe once or twice per year, but its so much easier with a proper fondue set. We've tried in the motorhome just using a saucepan but having to keep returning it to the hob to keep it warm was a right pain. We usually have either a cheese fondue or Raclette on Christmas Eve.

Last edited:
Here is how my slow cooker works. I put my stuff into the cast iron Dutch oven, put the DO in my oven (cooker), set the temperature on the oven. Walk away. My slow cooker also came with the option to put the DO on the cooktop (hob), set it to LOW/Simmer, and walk away.

My slow cooker is also dishwasher safe (enamel coated cast iron).

But wait, there's more!!! It also has a deep fryer option. Fill the DO with oil, and turn up the burner/hob.

CD :D
Ahh but it also costs around 8 times more to cook in the oven, than in a slow cooker...which considering the cost of electricity now is a good thing. Its also dishwasher safe, and whilst the Instant Pot doesn't have a deep fry option, it does have a pressure cook function instead :okay:

Back
Top Bottom