What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

Well, I found a way to get out of it. Trust me, I absolutely HATED peeling hard-boiled eggs because the shells never came off easy!!! Even after letting them sit in the cold water after boiling them!! The only joy in that was slicing them with the slicer. :ninja:

Last edited:
My issue with kitchen towels is I can’t keep them looking nice. I like ones with colored stripes or a checked pattern, but they get stained after first use, it seems, and I can’t really bleach them, and regular washing detergent doesn’t quite do the job.

I’m faced with either buying plain white (so I can bleach them) or having two sets - nice display towels that don't get used and ugly towels that get used, but hidden away.
I use white towels. Yes they stain. I have a sanitary wash cycle - long and hot add bleach. Stained or not my towels are clean. I do not keep kitchen towels out on display. They are work tools. I do have pretty tea towels that I use to line a bread basket or a chip bowl.

Ah yes I thought it was vinegar.
But I think that might be because you told me before and I forgot 😂
Vinegar being an acid (acetic acid), dissolves calcium carbonate... eggs shells are about 94% calcium carbonate with small amounts of magnesium carbonate, calcium phosphate and some proteins.

If you put a couple of hard boiled eggs into a jar, cover in vinegar, put the lid on and shake for a period of time, then let them stand for 5 minutes, the acid dissolves the shells, you'll see air bubbles... best done well before you plan to eat the egg though.

Vinegar being an acid (acetic acid), dissolves calcium carbonate... eggs shells are about 94% calcium carbonate with small amounts of magnesium carbonate, calcium phosphate and some proteins.

If you put a couple of hard boiled eggs into a jar, cover in vinegar, put the lid on and shake for a period of time, then let them stand for 5 minutes, the acid dissolves the shells, you'll see air bubbles... best done well before you plan to eat the egg though.

I might try that though, just to see how it works!!! :whistling:

My kitchen towels are for cleaning up messes, not making the kitchen look nice, so I'm used to stained towels. When they are too stained for kitchen use, they are moved to the garage for more use there.

CD
True dat!
But I've got more towels in the "rag bin" than I do in my kitchen drawer!!! :laugh:

I plan to get these two things for the kitchen next. :whistling:
Orange kitchen towels..jpg
Orange kitchen barrell..jpg

Back
Top Bottom