What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

Anyway the next kitchen item-
My oven gauntlets are yet to show up but the next item is winging its way here.

It’s a minor thing but I’m very happy with it.
I often find myself struggling to find the right size airtight container for dressings, I wanted ones with measuring marks on the side that would be durable (dishwasher, microwave and freezer proof).
I have one baby bottle with a lid left over from yesteryear that was perfect then my son borrowed it….

They don’t make babies bottle the same way now, they’re curved and the ergonomically shaped bottles won’t be easy to mix ingredients in.

Yesterday I was searching for something to put fuel stabiliser in that I could leave ready measured and sealed.

Then voila breast milk storage jars! Dishwasher, microwave, oven and freezer safe with markings!!

Now my dressings will be sealed and my bike engine will get the correct amount of fuel stabiliser, must remember not to get those containers mixed up 😜

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0BV2JW75J?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

View attachment 109181
Fill those up with your first go at ranch dressing, including chunks of fresh garlic and chives, then invite a friend over, and when they look in your fridge, say you’ve got a new sideline as a wet nurse, but it’s been a few years, and you’re a little concerned about the look of the product:

“I mean, seriously, Cheryl, smell this…does this seem right to you?”

:eek:

I once saw a documentary about the market for grown up people who buy breastfeeding milk for their own consumption. They believe it boosts their performance at the gym or their immunity and one guy was even convinced it cured its prostate cancer. I'm not even joking.

Forgot to add the most relevant part...I was actually able to sit on the couch and read while the Instant Pot did its thing :D A lot more relaxing than standing at the stovetop watching the food all the time.

Cooking is such a drag. I don't know why some people seem to enjoy it. :scratchhead:

CD

I once saw a documentary about the market for grown up people who buy breastfeeding milk for their own consumption. They believe it boosts their performance at the gym or their immunity and one guy was even convinced it cured its prostate cancer. I'm not even joking.

I've heard of that. :sick:

CD

I bought this as one of MrsT’s Christmas stocking stuffers:

1705504635818.jpeg

Amazon

She loves it!

The top bit is a cut-safe blade, to split the avocado. She likes that because with her blood thinners, she’s wary of using sharp knives.

What you can’t see is the back side of that middle bit - there are a couple of embedded blades in there that grip the pit, and you can twist it out, and then just press on it with your thumb, and out it pops.

The bottom part - you hold the avocado in the palm of one hand, then drag that slicing end (also cut-safe) through the flesh, and out it comes in one go, smooth as can be.

I just ordered one of these off eBay; it's a countertop pizza oven. Although what I really wanted was a gas-powered Ooni, there's just nowhere I can put it and operate it safely.

Well, this fella has good reviews and goes up to 400C/750F which should be adequate and it costs about a third of the cheapest Ooni and when I'm not using it, I can just stick it in the cupboard.

Can't wait for it to arrive so I can put some of those Neapolitan pizza recipes to the test.

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 1.59.43 PM.png

I really love cooking, but there really isn't much enjoyment at cooking a soup or a stock.
That's when I get into "multi-tasking". While the soup or stock is cooking, I'm doing something else, like removing the leaves from the spinach, or prepping another dish. I can keep an eye on the soup, but my main focus is elsewhere.

That's when I get into "multi-tasking". While the soup or stock is cooking, I'm doing something else, like removing the leaves from the spinach, or prepping another dish. I can keep an eye on the soup, but my main focus is elsewhere.
Yes. I still prefer to have the instant pot cook the soup for me, and when I'm done prepping what needs to prepped in the kitchen I can go into the other room and iron clothes, or do the laundry, or clean the bathroom, or I just sit down and relax while the Instant Pot does its thing :D

Last edited:
I just ordered one of these off eBay; it's a countertop pizza oven. Although what I really wanted was a gas-powered Ooni, there's just nowhere I can put it and operate it safely.

Well, this fella has good reviews and goes up to 400C/750F which should be adequate and it costs about a third of the cheapest Ooni and when I'm not using it, I can just stick it in the cupboard.

Can't wait for it to arrive so I can put some of those Neapolitan pizza recipes to the test.

View attachment 109470

I'll be interested to know/see how it performs.

View attachment 109470

View attachment 109470
Pizza Stone with Handles & Pizza Cutter..jpg

I bought a pizza stone that comes with handles & a pizza cutter. I just put the stone into the oven, turn it up to about 500 degrees, let it become screaming hot, then place the raw pizza on it. In about 13 minutes or so, the pizza is (Bang, boom!!) done!!! :whistling:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom