What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

Bought my boys an air fryer 😂

IMG_2043.jpeg

The advert for it cracked me up, it’s straight out of Waynes World 😂

View: https://youtu.be/mcrYxiCKuXc?si=lgE2YV29PIhkJ7vy

Something that looks ridiculous that I picked up, looked at then put down and walked away.
Then thought hmm you manage to splatter your surroundings almost every single time you use a hand mixer, you were only wiping butter and sugar off everything in sight just yesterday, go back and pick it up you moron.

So we shall see, bet I don’t remember I even have it until after I’ve splattered everything 😆
IMG_2055.jpeg

I need to get a stick blender. The last one finally gave up the ghost (well it was about 30 years old!) and I really need to blend some sticks.. soups :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The problem with most of those products is that they usually throw in something "extra" to make you think that you are getting that "extra ' item for free, then they charge you extra money for what they'd call "separate processing & handling", which I think is a ripoff!!!! When you buy them from the store, you're not bothered with that!! Born at night, NOT LAST NIGHT!!!! Hah!!!! :eek:

Last edited:
I just ordered one of these off eBay; it's a countertop pizza oven. Although what I really wanted was a gas-powered Ooni, there's just nowhere I can put it and operate it safely.

Well, this fella has good reviews and goes up to 400C/750F which should be adequate and it costs about a third of the cheapest Ooni and when I'm not using it, I can just stick it in the cupboard.

Can't wait for it to arrive so I can put some of those Neapolitan pizza recipes to the test.

View attachment 109470

So this thing arrived and I gave it a spin. Here's one of the results:

IMG_4857.jpg

IMG_4859.jpg

IMG_4862.jpg

IMG_4876.jpg

I have just been informed the next kitchen item we’re buying is an Aeropress coffee thingamajiggy.

MrsT has used the French presses we have and she doesn’t like those (well, she likes them fine when I’m making the coffee :laugh: ), so she’s interested in what to me appears to be a slightly faster French press process.

IMG_7561.jpeg

Aeropress

IMO aeropress makes the best coffee. It's very smooth, no bitter edge like can happen with immersion methods. But I'm lazy so I use the machine instead and only have an aeropress when my son offers one 😂 It's not the tidiest thing to use, there are still dregs and filter papers but it rinses clean pretty well.
I'm considering the travel version for my panniers 👍

IMO aeropress makes the best coffee. It's very smooth, no bitter edge like can happen with immersion methods. But I'm lazy so I use the machine instead and only have an aeropress when my son offers one 😂 It's not the tidiest thing to use, there are still dregs and filter papers but it rinses clean pretty well.
I'm considering the travel version for my panniers 👍

I think that I'm even lazier, using the system that I do!!! :whistling:

I've been using an aeropress for a couple of years now and it works fine for me
It's small though, so if you make coffee for more than 1, I would use something else, or buy 2 :)
Cleaning is a breeze as the coffee is compacted and easy to remove. After that, just an easy rinse
I actually use the paper filter a couple of times because they are not available here and I'm a cheapskate anyway

Back
Top Bottom