What’s the next kitchen item you plan to buy?

Bought & received this insulated coffee mug in my Orange. Comes with 2 lids. :whistling:
Orange Insulated Coffee Mug..jpg

I had mentioned earlier in this thread that I wanted to order some more Kitchen Towels from Williams-Sonoma ... not for $12.95 s&h charge!
I'll wait until we go to Las Vegas (hopefully next month) and go shopping there.

GOT IT !!!!

IMG_3754.JPG

Got our Aeropress yesterday, which people seem ga-ga over, and it was very underwhelming, and that’s being generous.

First, when I poured the hot water in over the ground coffee, it immediately passed right through the coffee and filter and straight into the cup.

I added some more water, quickly stirred it and got the plunger on, which stopped it going through (at least that part worked), then after 30 seconds, gave it a gentle push…and coffee squirted out all over the place!

As if that weren’t bad enough, one of the things it touts is ease of cleanup (minus the coffee shower, I suppose) - they show a person happily removing the bottom cap, the coffee and filter still tucked nicely up in the tube, which gets cleanly ejected into the trash.

Thankfully, considering the issues thus far in the process, I decided to do that cleanup over the sink, and it was a good thing, because as soon as I did…PLOOP!…the wet grounds and filter ejected themselves all over the sink.

I expect a little getting-to-know-you the first couple of times, but this was an unmitigated disaster, failure at every step.

I’ll try it two more times, and if things don’t improve (Aeropress says my grind is likely either too coarse or too fine - that’s not as helpful as it sounds), someone at Goodwill can fight with it. 😠

Try the upside down method.
I find it works better.
Stand it so the filter part is at the top.
Put your coffee, pour on water. Water cant go anywhere. Close with filter (moist) and filterholder.
Let stand for a minute or so.
Then upside down cup on top and turn the whole thing over and slowly press the plunger down.
Feels akward the first time, but works a dream. Also for cleaning.
Its difficult to describe but I can take pics tomorrow morning if you want.
Or check whatever comes up here
aeropress upside down - Google Search

Time to buy another of those electric kettles. The bottom came apart this morning, so water for the tea was boiled in a pan this morning.
Plus a proper food processor. I made some lentil croquettes yesterday, which involves making a paste of the lentils. Didn't work because it just beat the lentils into little bits, instead of a paste.

Back
Top Bottom