What Are You Reading?

Read a bunch of books during my 2 weeks summer holiday.

1692219794813.png

1692219818279.png

1692219843323.png

I also downloaded a couple of wrong books on my Kindle...which lead to some interesting reads. And I was in a place with no internet connection so no chance of downloading the books I actually wanted.

The book I wanted to read: "At Home", by Bill Bryson
The book I read
1692219709742.png

The book I wanted to read: "Farenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury
The book I read (still reading, actually):
1692219763152.png

LissaC - I love Bill Bryson and Ray Bradbury. If you haven’t read his collection of short stories called “The October Country,” it’s well worth it.

I haven't read anything by Ray Bradbury yet but I have the book "Something Wicked This Way Comes" on my to be read pile :laugh:

I find Bill Bryson entertaining. Some of his transitions between subjects feel a bit abrupt to me though.

Just finished this book and it was wonderful. Interesting plot and such beautiful writing, plus a lot of references to astrology (which is something I really like). With this one I've read a total of 39 books this year. And I'm reading a super short book next so I make it to 40 :laugh:
1703147930246.png

Just finished this book and it was wonderful. Interesting plot and such beautiful writing, plus a lot of references to astrology (which is something I really like). With this one I've read a total of 39 books this year. And I'm reading a super short book next so I make it to 40 :laugh:
View attachment 108261
Interesting title, could be interpreted different ways. On first reading the title I thought brrr no thanks 😂

According to Merriam-Webster "plough" is the British spelling of "Plow": Definition of PLOUGH

When in doubt, always turn to the dictionary :D but I personally prefer the Merriam-Webster over the OED.

By the way the story is about a woman who is an ardent supporter of animal rights, and she lives in a place where there is a lot of hunting, and some of the people connected to hunting start showing up dead, and she is convinced it's the animals that are taking revenge on the hunters.

There is a very interesting plot twist in the end, but I won't spoil that for you.

My first thoughts were you don't spell plough like that!
When I was living in the UK, we had a new supervisor arrive, and we took him to his first pub lunch.

Looking at the chalked up selections on the board, he gruffly asked, “What the <bleep>’s a… ‘ploff-man?’”

:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom