What Are You Reading?

A prolific reader since 10. Used to read til 3 in the morning. I stopped reading about 5 years ago, just got into reading Hemingway as our paths have crossed too much that I need to know about him. Very interesting man in different times to us. I'm enjoying my second book.

Russ

I'm currently reading this one but it's not as catchy as I expected, looking forward to finish it so I can start something new.
1646392995562.png

Now I'm reading this one which is really fascinating. A book about death rituals around the world. Some of them are cringeworthy by our western standards (like people from an island in Indonesia who mummify corpses and hang out with the deceased at home many years after their death), but some are lovely (like Dia de los Muertos in Mexico). Really interesting.
1646643927225.png

Listening to some classic Sci-Fi: Rendezvous with Rama
51Vy93+z4UL._SL500_.jpg

My sister's mother in law suggested a non-fiction which I think I will look at next: Stolen Focus by Johann Hari - a look into the diminishing attention span of today's modern society. Since last year, I have become convinced more than ever that I have ADHD but have never been professionally diagnosed, so the concept of this book appeals to me.

Not much of a reader..I have a hard time holding concentration and remembering events in novels..I read mostly self help stuff..I have Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now in the bathroom..this way, I am sure to read at least once a day..:D

Listening to some classic Sci-Fi: Rendezvous with Rama
View attachment 82050

My sister's mother in law suggested a non-fiction which I think I will look at next: Stolen Focus by Johann Hari - a look into the diminishing attention span of today's modern society. Since last year, I have become convinced more than ever that I have ADHD but have never been professionally diagnosed, so the concept of this book appeals to me.
"Stolen Focus" looks interesting, added it to my to-read list!

"Stolen Focus" looks interesting, added it to my to-read list!
My sister's mother in law suggested a non-fiction which I think I will look at next: Stolen Focus by Johann Hari

I saw the author being interviewed on UK TV on Sunday about this book. He was very interesting and I think he is definitely onto something with this book.

Back
Top Bottom