What did you cook, eat or drink today (August 2018)?

Some of the best recipes are odd recipes. I heard of someone the other day that had a mashed banana on toast with raspberry jam,wtf.lol.

Russ

image.jpeg

brulees into the oven

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
Tamarind and Honey Glazed Duck with Rice Noodles and Cucumber Ribbons. From the 'Dine in With Duck Handbook' from Gresshingham.
Duck legs.
2 tsp Tamarind Puree
2 tsp Light Soy
2 tsp Honey.
tsp Sesame Oil
Cucumber
250g Vermicelli Rice Noodles
1 Chili
3 Spring Onions

DSC_0366.jpg

There's a restaurant in NOLA called Johnny Sanchez, which is a collaboration between Aaron Sanchez and John Besh. One of their signature items is a meatball taco. The meatballs have roasted poblano peppers, onion and garlic puree plus cotija cheese, as well as some other things. I came up with a copycat version. We had that with an avocado salad tonight.

2018-08-25 18.59.26.jpg

There's a restaurant in NOLA called Johnny Sanchez, which is a collaboration between Aaron Sanchez and John Besh. One of their signature items is a meatball taco. The meatballs have roasted poblano peppers, onion and garlic puree plus cotija cheese, as well as some other things. I came up with a copycat version. We had that with an avocado salad tonight.

View attachment 18757

Looks good. I can see how that works.

Reminds me of the Soul food/Mexican restaurant Nacho Mamas.

I took my daughter out for lunch yesterday after we spent the morning working at the Farmers Markets - American BBQ is all the rage here now but THE must go place doesn’t do lunch so we went to a lovely cafe my work gets to cater our morning teas.

Very pretty cup of coffee.

64BE53F4-E0E9-4C76-ACC9-E1AA99B87661.jpeg

Crispy pork belly, kewpie dressed slaw & kecap manis.
1A2A0FC5-7BB8-4DB8-B335-18C16C6FC41E.jpeg

Bhudda bowl - turmeric & coriander spiced brown rice, mixed leaves, red cabbage & sprouts, golden beetroot, edamame, avocado and a paste/dressing of turmeric, konbucha, pumpkin seeds, ginger & dates + smoked salmon. Massive meal.
46FA8C52-0F28-44B3-B767-173562A923A4.jpeg

Daughter had a lychee mimosa.

Back
Top Bottom