What did you cook, eat or drink today (August 2018)?

Another sarrasin/caraway loaf out of the oven a short while ago:

Sarrasin 28082018 pic 1 cropped.jpg

I made some goat's cheese with the intention of using it in a pasta dish for the Recipe Challenge. I've just realised that all I've eaten today is a mini Babybel Light.

I've been teaching my wife how to make chiken in various pan saute dishes, so tonight is Chicken Florentine. Well, an Americanized version where the chicken is topped with spinach and melted mozz instead of it being on a bed of spinach, and also garlic, onion, and chicken stock are used to make a pan sauce to go over it.

We'll see how it went when my boy and I get home from football practice.

So far, everything that I've taught her how to cook, she ends up making better than me within a year.

Last edited:
so tonight is Chicken Florentine. Well, an Americanized version where the chicken is topped with spinach and melted mozz instead of it being on a bed of spinach, and also garlic, onion, and chicken stock are used to make a pan sauce to go over it.

Its sounds delicious. I love Florentine anything.

It depends on what you are expecting. I'm sure you must have had tinned potatoes in the past in the UK? I rather like tinned potatoes, just like I rather like instant mash. They are just rather different from fresh!

"New" potatoes are not available here except in tins. I've tried D'Arcy which were just about OK. I thought that I'd try a different one. They're only a quid so it will not be the end of the world if I have to bin them.

Back
Top Bottom