What did you cook, eat or drink today (August 2018)?

Stuffed jacket potato, pan fried horseshoe gammon, sweetcorn and English mustard.

5 with gammon s.jpg

I thought for a moment you were making gnocchi for the Recipe Challenge when I saw the scooped out jacket potato...

I've never made gnocchi and I've not really had the inclination to either. Re-boiled mashed potatoes have never appealed to me.

Speaking of potatoes, I've ordered a tin of these to be delivered Friday. Will I be disappointed?

freshcan.jpg

Speaking of potatoes, I've ordered a tin of these to be delivered Friday. Will I be disappointed?

View attachment 18825
Most definitely. My mother (who would be the first to admit that an interest in cooking had skipped a generation) used to feed us those in the 70's, alongside Fray Bentos pies, Findus crispy pancakes and the like. I remember they were hard as bullets, and had a really alien taste.

View attachment 18825

It depends on what you are expecting. I'm sure you must have had tinned potatoes in the past in the UK? I rather like tinned potatoes, just like I rather like instant mash. They are just rather different from fresh!

Back
Top Bottom