What did you cook, eat or drink today (December 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only experience with oysters was on "secretary days" in Kuala Lumpur. I had a joint secretary with my Chindian mate and we would take her to Lunch at the Shangri-La where they put on a special buffet for the occasion.

Porkie pie with piccalilli, cheese, tomato, cucumber and grass.

3 s.jpg

Last night the wife went to Catherine Tate, she said it was very funny, I picked up McDonald's on the way home. I think after seeing the risotto posted I'm doing this tonight??

I've thought of a use for them (tinned new potatoes). Balti potatoes to accompany a curry. I would normally "steam" fresh potatoes for about 10 minutes but I guess only a couple of minutes will suffice for the tinned.

I'm going for it today (before the tin passes its sell by date).

spuds 1 s.jpg

Mushroom and onion soup with black miso, black garlic and tamari soy sauce.

I'll try to get a photo tonight . I too tired last night being the only one home and having to lock up (chickens) and water plants, deal with laundry and water for chooks, food for chooks and everything else ... Someone was at their Christmas party .

Going back to "what-did-you-cook-eat-or-drink-today-november-2018" the chicken rice stall was closed today so I decided on the CP shrimp wonton. Threw a few spring onions and loadsa black pepper at it. Works well after a skinfull of beer.

prawn wonton 1 s.jpg

prawn wonton 2 s.jpg

@morning glory I will try to post the recipe tomorrow, but I have to warn you that it only uses a little bit of vodka so you'll have to figure out something else to do with the rest of the bottle. :okay: Also, it uses a lot of the Double Black Soy we were discussing in the other thread.

Remember when making Penne alla Vodka, not only is vodka an ingredient, it is a condiment as well!:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom