What did you cook, eat or drink today (December 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For dinner this evening my husband made a delicious mushroom risotto

P_20181209_174721.jpg

Help I'm being held captive in the kitchen by Lullabelle, this is the first time I have escaped in months.
I know how it feels, I'm in a kitchen 14 hours a day..good thing there is beer and wine in the refrigerator...maybe that is why she keeps it stocked..so, I'll never want to leave..

Pizza on the grill!

2018-12-09 18.13.13.jpg

Fresh moz on all pizzas.

Margherita, with a little bit of Parm R and some chopped garlic cooked in the microwave in EVOO, with a nice drizzle of the oil.

Pochetta very thinly sliced, crust drizzled with some of the oil and garlic pieces mentioned above, chopped leeks sweated in a tiny bit of EVOO, with a dusting of pecorino romano. Sometimes, we crack a couple of eggs and put on the top of the pizza a couple of minutes before it's done. When you serve the pizza, you break the egg and tilt the pizza so the yolk runs all over it.

Craig also had a pepperoni with the huge pepperoni slices, plus aforementioned oil and Parm R. He made a spicy pizza sauce. We always lay the pepperoni on a single layer on a double layer of paper towels, cover with another double layer of paper towels and cook for a minute in the microwave. The excess grease comes out of the pepperoni so you don't have grease dripping down your chin when you eat the pizza.

Last edited:
Here is the finished result of the 3lb slice of inside round beef..I kept it in the sous vide for about 9 1/2 hours, then a quick sear..turned out pretty good..I wasn't sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised..
View attachment 21148 View attachment 21149
That looks fantastic! Was the experiment just for home use, or are you thinking of using it commercially?

Mine was less successful. 7 hours @57 deg C was too much. The meat was beautifully tender, but overcooked for our taste.

Mmmmmm. This was about 100 seconds plus a stint with the blowlamp. Significantly higher temperature though. Rested for about 8 minutes.

2 s.jpg

That looks fantastic! Was the experiment just for home use, or are you thinking of using it commercially?
Just for home..we are too busy for this type of cooking..my service is short order, for the most part..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom