What did you cook, eat or drink today (December 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orecchiette with courgettes, tinned mackerel, ricotta and a little pinch of turmeric.
Orecchiette con sgombro e zucchine.jpg

Just for home..we are too busy for this type of cooking..my service is short order, for the most part..
Ah, I wondered. In the UK, cooking sous vide is highly regulated in commercial kitchens, so much so that only top restaurants bother with it. It's a shame - imagine being able to vac pack in portions that lovely meat, blast chilling it, then pulling it out of the chiller to order and just slapping it on a hot griddle for a few seconds. Instant, perfect hot beef sandwiches!

Lamb prices are through the roof here with the drought but my son has been lamenting the lack of it so when it was on special for $11kg I bought a leg for roast dinner.

Sumac & shawarma spice mix rubbed lamb roast studded with a moderate amount of garlic. Roasted low then high for a crispy finish.

Couscous/quinoa warm salad with pomegranate & loads of finely chopped home grown herbs. Dressed with lemon, olive oil, garlic & apple chilli jelly dressing.

Roast sweet potato & pumpkin

Cauli, red caps, green chilli & onion petals tossed in a garlic curry powder oil then roasted.

I’ve deglazed the lamb roasting pan with water & pomegranate molasses & thickened with gravy mix powder. (Amah)

I didn't realise that Dick Strawbridge had gone global! I've worked with him.
That’s incredibly cool! I won this book in a cooking challenge, and @morning glory shipped it to me. It’s really an excellent source material and guide book at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom