What did you cook, eat or drink today (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are completely different IMHO. I hate marmite but love Vegemite.

OK - I will have to get some Vegemite to compare again. Last time I had some was back in the 80's I think! From memory its a little milder than Marmite. I can easily get some so I will.

I never saw Vegemite when in the uk.

Russ

Don't know how price compares but I can get it from Ocado (on-line supermarket):

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 22.19.17.png

Grilled locust?
There are at least 8 chooks eating them off the front of the SUV!
You don't get long to get a photo with this lot .anyone would think I don't feed them!

Funny you should mention grilled locust. We just had a conversation about tacos served with dried grasshoppers on top.
Detroit News Article

Lovely - how long and what temperature did you cook carrots and parsnips?
1hour @ 85deg C. The beets were fine at that, the carrot slightly underdone, and the parsnip very underdone. Keeping them out of direct contact with water seems to maintain their structure so they need a lot more cooking. It also concentrates their flavour though.

Marinated some chix thighs in olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper and grilled them. Grilled slices of Japanese eggplant, zucchini and summer squash for a side.

Got back a few days ago from travelling around Vietnam. And made myself a nice caramel pork (thit kho) as my first attempt at bringing some of those flavours back to Oz. Was really happy with the result. View attachment 22678

That looks brilliant - I love the colour and the gloss on the pork. :hungry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom