What did you cook, eat or drink today (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eggplant Parmesan, stacked Napoleon style. Don't like the casserole style too gloppy. Putting the motz on the planks of fried eggplant first, prevents the sauce from making the breading mushy. I usually do a double stack.

Sicilian recipe, Sarde alla beccafico, Beccafico sardins

Sarde ripieno.jpg Sarde alla beccafico-ricetta siciliana.jpg

Since that was reasonably good I've been thinking of other "Wellington" ideas. Perhaps an onion loaf (or onion bhaji loaf), or spicy prawns. Or whatever........

Maybe JO's blackened pork in pastry?

Last night was French Onion soup made with homemade beef stock (and a little bit of bought chicken stock) and Gewürztraminer. I used a mix of red and sweet onions, and leeks. Gruyere on the toasts. I made the stock last weekend from a bunch of bones Craig picked up for me at the Asian market. They are so much cheaper there and they are happy to cut them up for you. Cooked it for almost 8 hours, then reduced for about 1-1/2 hours. I can't stand the taste of purchased beef stock/broth in something like French Onion, even the premium brands. They always have a chemical aftertaste to me. Now, I have to decide what to do with what's left. Freeze it or make demi with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom