What did you cook, eat or drink today (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And butter.

The recipes in the book are unusual (to me) in that they don't specify a weight for ingredients. For instance, in the Gobbits recipe, it specifies a quart of chopped leftover roast beef.
I'm used to references to 'a pint of shrimp' but not volume for all ingredients.

Just got done baking a couple of 5 inch cheesecakes. Had some cream cheese we bought when BOGO and hadn't used it all. We didn't have Graham crackers of vanilla wafers, but did have saltines, which I had seen America's Test Kitchen use for a crust for a lemon icebox pie, so used those. Saltines, butter and sugar taste pretty darn good BTW. The cheesecakes are cooling in the oven for a bit, then will finish out, then into fridge.

I was wondering what gobbits are to begin with?

It was just the name of the recipe.

I have googled it and apart from 'gay hobbit' I can't find any other meaningful reference to Gobbits.

Perhaps it's a misspelling by the author or their own invention?

Porterhouse steak with garlic sauce, needed a meat rush so meat it was. One burnt and one blue.
Sides of new potatoes butter beans and corn, all veges from the garden.

Russ

What did I cook? Stuff for The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Coffee

Spiced onion & coffee jam (failed).
Spiced onion & coffee jam again - success!
Marinated avocado to grill (failed)

Will try again with marinated grilled avocado tomorrow. I'm sure it will work if I use unripe avocado. It falls apart otherwise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom