What did you cook, eat or drink today (March 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had meatloaf, mashies and broccoli last night.

Tonight was cream of asparagus, crab and potato soup with homemade croissants from the freezer.

2019-03-25 18.26.42.jpg

I'm glad to see that you're eating something...I see so many things coming out of your kitchen that I wondered if you don't make something amazing, take pictures, and then move on to the next amazing creation without taking the time to eat your last one. :laugh:

There have been a few times when I've spent a long time preparing and cooking a dish (particularly when the kitchen temperature is in excess of 40 degC) that I don't then feel hungry. I sometimes will have a couple of slices of toast or bread and butter.

There have been a few times when I've spent a long time preparing and cooking a dish (particularly when the kitchen temperature is in excess of 40 degC) that I don't then feel hungry. I sometimes will have a couple of slices of toast or bread and butter.

My go to quick snack is toast with marmalade. Love it.

Russ

I bought some t'other day. It was quite nice. Any idea why it's called Tiger Bread?

Its because the topping on the bread cracks when baked and is supposed to resemble the markings on a tiger. Here is how mine came out - I'm well pleased!

fullsizeoutput_43ca.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_43c8.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm finally feeling like cooking again. Started our dinner for tonight. Roast quail with a mushroom, basil, truffled salt compound butter under the skin, with pearled barley and leek risotto, with butter braised carrots, parsnips and pearl onions, served with a jus. Just have to cook the quail and finish up the "risotto," plus warm everything else up.

I'm finally feeling like cooking again. Started our dinner for tonight. Roast quail with a mushroom, basil, truffled salt compound butter under the skin, with pearled barley and leek risotto, with butter braised carrots, parsnips and pearl onions, served with a jus. Just have to cook the quail and finish up the "risotto," plus warm everything else up.

I sometimes do that, I'll just go right off cooking, really can't be bovvered with all the faffing around and happy just to get takeaway/takeout or sling something (usually v unhealthy) on that requires next to no thinking or cooking.
I usually get my mojo back after a few days.

That dish sounds simply superb. Glad you're back on track!

Today was hot driving trucks, finished early and went to the pub. Ordered a bacon eg and cheese burger with fries. When I got to the shops, they had oysters $36 dozen cooked or $18 half dozen. I got 6 bluff oysters. Man they were big and good. Battered.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom