What did you cook, eat or drink today (October 2018)?

They look great! What are the potatoes stuffed with?
We scoop the flesh out, add scallions, garlic, shredded cheese, butter, bacon, parsley, then put it back in the shells, topped with a bit of cheddar cheese..they can be reheated in an oven for about half an hour..

More focaccia - this time using 00 durum wheat flour, topped with red onions and dill seeds. I found the 00 flour produced a closer textured crumb.

fullsizeoutput_3b5b.jpeg

Last night was mixed mushroom risotto, steaks & salad.

There’s enough risotto over to make some arancini for the freezer. Hooray.

I made a chicken korma with carrot & peas for tonight. Might make a red lentil dhal to go with. Rice is a maybe. Cooked this on Sunday as a get ahead measure. Plus curry improves with a rest in the fridge I find.

Tomorrow might be chilli if I get organised.

Last night my wife had a dentist appointment, so she asked me to make her something simple and healthy for her- and the boy, of course - when she got home.

My son was off from school for the holiday (some Italian guy, financed by Spain for a different outcome, who never really made it to what he really didn't discover... day.)

So, I baked herb and lime chicken breasts, steamed corn on the cob, and my boy made his "sweet rice".

It's cooked short grain rice tossed with soy sauce, honey, eggs, and sesame oil.

My wife decided today to form the samosas in the shape of samosas! We shall see how they cook up later.

Although the potatoes are added to the fried onions/garlic in the wok, they are not technically fried but only warmed.

1 s.jpg

Samosas turned out OK. Although I could've eaten a few more.

3 s.jpg

4 s.jpg

5 s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom