What did you cook, eat or drink today (October 2018)?

Yesterday was a half of a roast beef, pickled pepperoncino, and American cheese hero, side of Doritos.

1009180917.jpg

Last night 's dinner was posole and garnishes. It was originally a soup, but the hominy apparently sucked up all the liquid, so Craig decided to make tacos with it. I prefer the soup form, but it was still good.

2018-10-09 18.09.04.jpg

Tonight's dinner was potstickers with fillings from the freezer. The round ones are ground beef and mushrooms. The crescent ones are pork. The rectangular ones are pork soup dumplings. They all have green onions, garlic, and various Asian condiments in them. The sauce is a tamari, sesame oil based sauce. There is also a ginger based sauce that Craig uses.

2018-10-10 18.10.23.jpg

Another delectable offering from my local patissier. I don't know what this is actually called - but I'm calling it 'crèpe framboise'. The gateau is wrapped in a very light crèpe; when opened there's a creamy custard concoction sitting on a sponge base. Cutting into it reveals that the lower layer is mostly raspberries - whole and in chunks. I've just eaten half of it - quite delicious and heavier than it might appear. My eyes are already starting to close ….

crepe framboise pic 1.JPG
crepe framboise pic 2.JPG
crepe framboise pic 3.JPG

Another delectable offering from my local patissier. I don't know what this is actually called - but I'm calling it 'crèpe framboise'. The gateau is wrapped in a very light crèpe; when opened there's a creamy custard concoction sitting on a sponge base. Cutting into it reveals that the lower layer is mostly raspberries - whole and in chunks. I've just eaten half of it - quite delicious and heavier than it might appear. My eyes are already starting to close ….

View attachment 19805 View attachment 19806 View attachment 19807

A raspberry gateaux wrapped in a crèpe! That is quite a creation.

Last edited:
Change of plan for dinner. The Korean place only did meals of meat and rice but we have had a lot of rice lately so no, another place 2 pieces of chicken each-they had no chicken left nor gyoza so we ended up at Burger King, 4 chicken nuggets each shared 1 portion of chips and a diet coke. Neither of us are hungry enough for a meal and we will be fed on the plane so a snack is all that was required.

I havnt flown into the new airport there. Last time I flew the old one, among skyscrapers,lol. Watched from my hotel planes landing every 30 seconds from memory. Great place.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom