What did you cook/eat today (February 2020)?

Dinner this evening, Jasmine rice, chicken green Thai and lamb massiman, cheesecake and mango mousse washed down with beer.

And thought by now you might like to know who's behind all the posts as I am at 500+ already.
I instinctively associate forum posts with their avatars more than their user names so whenever someone changes their avatar, it's extremely disorienting to me. When I use the @ feature here to tag someone, I constantly have to check to get a member's name. :)

I instinctively associate forum posts with their avatars more than their user names so whenever someone changes their avatar, it's extremely disorienting to me. When I use the @ feature here to tag someone, I constantly have to check to get a member's name. :)

Interesting ... I do both the name and the avatar. They both spring into mind. As does the image/photo of the member if they have ever posted it.

I have the same thing, the avatars and usernames create a story for me.

But I am keeping my avatar, no worries. I like yours by the way.

Another unpleasant wet and very windy day here. I needed something comforting this evening. I settled for a rice & potato soup - ideally, it should have included lots of chopped fresh parsley, but I used dried thyme instead. The soup was served with a wedge of freshly-made focaccia.

They're now fitted and the clean up accomplished (by my wife). The new ones are the one to which the cooker hood is fitted and the one to the right of it (spice cupboard). I should have ordered them with the rest of the kitchen because there is now a slight colour difference.

View attachment 38205

Next stop - a new cooker hood!

Hope you install quicker than I did, bought new one about 4 years ago, sat in garage until a year ago. New one is stainless.

Russ

Another unpleasant wet and very windy day here. I needed something comforting this evening. I settled for a rice & potato soup - ideally, it should have included lots of chopped fresh parsley, but I used dried thyme instead. The soup was served with a wedge of freshly-made focaccia.

View attachment 38228

View attachment 38227

I like that soup, sounds and looks rather comforting . Odd enough, when I was a little girl, my mom used to make a soup to me similar to yours.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom