What did you cook/eat today (February 2020)?

I was so hungry when I got back from this afternoon's hard, rainy and very windy bike ride that I was ready to eat the furniture.

Rather than go out tomorrow and have to buy some new chairs - and I don't think Storm Jorge is going to let me go anywhere tomorrow, it's already rattling my shutters - I threw a Quiche Lorraine in the little oven to cook while I dealt with a small mountain of very wet and muddy clothes. I ate half of it with some beans (dusted with ground cumin), some of last night's 'pain nature' and an unidentified chutney .. lots of sultanas, it reminded me a bit of my mother's green tomato chutney. It was a 'taster' (a small unlabelled jar) from the marché at Trinité-Porhoët … I'll get more info about it next week.

I was so hungry when I got back from this afternoon's hard, rainy and very windy bike ride that I was ready to eat the furniture.

Rather than go out tomorrow and have to buy some new chairs - and I don't think Storm Jorge is going to let me go anywhere tomorrow, it's already rattling my shutters - I threw a Quiche Lorraine in the little oven to cook while I dealt with a small mountain of very wet and muddy clothes. I ate half of it with some beans (dusted with ground cumin), some of last night's 'pain nature' and an unidentified chutney .. lots of sultanas, it reminded me a bit of my mother's green tomato chutney. It was a 'taster' (a small unlabelled jar) from the marché at Trinité-Porhoët … I'll get more info about it next week.

View attachment 38190
I need to make quiche again.

Russ

I have no idea if I shall be cooking today. We're having new kitchen cupboards fitted (replacing old warn out ones).

(Cupboards over the gas hob).

Last edited:
I have no idea if I shall be cooking today. We're having new kitchen cupboards fitted (replacing old warn out ones).

(Cupboards over the gas hob).

They're now fitted and the clean up accomplished (by my wife). The new ones are the one to which the cooker hood is fitted and the one to the right of it (spice cupboard). I should have ordered them with the rest of the kitchen because there is now a slight colour difference.

Next stop - a new cooker hood!

Back
Top Bottom