What did you cook/eat today (February 2020)?

Prepping bacon n scrambled eggs, waiting on a txt from wife when they leave t ball. Mr 7 plays t ball, a bit like softball but they hit the ball off a t in the ground. I'll start when they txt.
Me, just had a cup,of tea.

Russ

Breakfast with polenta cake, goat’s milk and a coffee moka in wait

Weve not had them for ages but they were heavily reduced as best before tomorrow so I could not resist making a fish supper for just pennies. I dusted then with gf flour, hot smoked paprika and salt. Fried with a tiny bit of oil. Lemon squeezed on after.

There are more for tomorrow (enough for a light lunch) but not sure what I will do with them. Any ideas?

I dusted then with gf flour, hot smoked paprika and salt. Fried with a tiny bit of oil. Lemon squeezed on after.

There are more for tomorrow (enough for a light lunch) but not sure what I will do with them. Any ideas?

Sounds perfect. Not sure I can suggest anything better.
it was lacking that richness/umami of a meat chili, so I squirted it a smidge of anchovy paste. Oops!

There are other things you can use to get that umami flavouring which are vegan/vegetarian. But if you are not serving it to vegetarians then anchovy paste is a wonderful thing.

Sounds perfect. Not sure I can suggest anything better.

There are other things you can use to get that umami flavouring which are vegan/vegetarian. But if you are not serving it to vegetarians then anchovy paste is a wonderful thing.
I'm not, so it isn't a big deal.

This is for tomorrow

I just realized this isn't vegetarian. I tasted it, and like most vegetarian chilis I've had, it was lacking that richness/umami of a meat chili, so I squirted it a smidge of anchovy paste. Oops!

We have a black bean vegetarian chili that's pretty darn good. I'll have to look and see if Craig posted it. ETA: he did, so I added link.

Well, I was able to walk a little without the walker yesterday, so we went and got some lunch, and then to the grocery where I rode around on the cart. Even managed to cook dinner with only very minimal help from Craig yesterday.

Today, got up and felt pretty decent so decided to tackle several projects. Ended up wearing myself out after being pretty much a total couch potato for nearly a week so I really didn't feel like making dinner and neither did Craig, so we got take out from our neighborhood Thai/Japanese place. Shrimp tempura and vege rolls for me (ate half of each) and Massaman pork curry plus special fried rice for Craig..

Last edited:
We have a black bean vegetarian chili that's pretty darn good. I'll have to look and see if Craig posted it. ETA: he did, so I added link.

Well, I was able to walk a little without the walker yesterday, so we went and got some lunch, and then to the grocery where I rode around on the cart. Even managed to cook dinner with only very minimal help from Craig yesterday.

Today, got up and felt pretty decent so decided to tackle several projects. Ended up wearing myself out after being pretty much a total couch potato for nearly a week so I really didn't feel like making dinner and neither did Craig, so we got take out from our neighborhood Thai/Japanese place. Shrimp tempura and vege rolls for me (ate half of each) and Masasaman pork curry plus special fried rice for Craig..
Thanks for the link. Except for the chipotles, that's fairly close to what I made. I did add a jalapeño and a can of minced green chilis. I like beans a lot, so I doubled the beans. Then I found half a bag of corn in the freezer and tossed that in.

So that's the two leftover beefsteak patties from yesterday, and the side dish is made from cabbage, shallots, apples, Gruyere, and spaetzle mixed together.

I needed to reheat the meat patties, so I dumped the cabbage mixture into a baking dish, nestled the patties in, threw a little more cheese on top, and tossed it all into the oven for 20 minutes. Came out really nicely.

Back
Top Bottom