What did you cook/eat today (February 2020)?

Another afternoon on the bike, struggling against an increasingly strong wind - Storm Dennis is coming...

To help me recover from fighting the wind, this evening I treated myself to :

Boeuf Bourguignon - a dish so good (and so famous) that it needs no translation

Some local cows' cheese - Palet de Géant, with taralli, and an exquisite home-made carrot chutney

Natural Greek Yoghurt, with some added confiture de cerises griottes

A slice of Gateau Breton with a light coating of crème fraiche

And then tilleul/menthe tea and some Lindt chocolate by the fire. Then ..zzzzzz …

Valentines' supper was our standard steak with roasted new potatoes. Very simple, very easy and lets a few quality ingredients sing. Note new black plates, the square white ones have been replaced. Also we accompanied it with an Australian sparkling Shiraz and finished with old school profiteroles.

At the moment it's Leicester Comedy Festival so the pub in addition to its many shows has set up a street food stall in the garden with Naughty lil tings https://m.facebook.com/NLTings/ doing bao buns.

So a sneaky afternoon snack of gin with bbq pork and hoisin chicken baos was in order.

View attachment 37715
We've got buskers here for two week festival, my kids go but I don't, there's only so many knives people can swallow.

Russ

Valentines' supper was our standard steak with roasted new potatoes. Very simple, very easy and lets a few quality ingredients sing. Note new black plates, the square white ones have been replaced. Also we accompanied it with an Australian sparkling Shiraz and finished with old school profiteroles.

View attachment 37725

I believe nz wines are better, but I may be biased. Lol.

Russ

View attachment 37725

I'm liking the new plates. This looks good.

Chicken with prosciutto and gruyere under the roasted red bell, with more gruyere on top. Craig made a pan sauce with drippings, white wine and chix broth. Roasted potatoes for a side. Dove dark chocolates and amaretto for dessert!

Last edited:
A very quick meal tonight - 1/2 hour from chopping board to plate. A veggie chilli made from potatoes, onion, garlic, green pepper, fresh tomatoes, kidney beans and the usual spices, served with rice. The mutt had lamb and vegetable dog food and kibble with rice and some slices of fresh green pepper and tomato added. Later we had a huge fresh juicy orange (he had half a piece), and I had a slice of gingerbread later still when he was asleep. Now to make my cocoa!

Veggie chilli [2].jpg

Chicken Kiev with roasted potatoes, carrots and pumpkin. Fresh corn from our crops. Black pepper sauce, but I adjusted it to our tastes. ( added butter and cream) the sauce was packet, store bought.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom