What did you cook/eat today (February 2020)?

Then don't use as much sesame oil. I happen to love it and usually drizzle more on dishes as a finishing oil. But, I find cinnamon too strong for me, so it usually gets halved or even less in first time recipes, and I very rarely order anything out that has cinnamon in it because I've learned that is usually all I'll be able to taste.

I used it a few times but it overpowered dishes so I poured the rest out. Havnt bought any since. Maybe I got a bad batch??

Russ

I used it a few times but it overpowered dishes so I poured the rest out. Havnt bought any since. Maybe I got a bad batch??

Russ

probably not, it's a strong flavor. BTW, it's best to keep it refrigerated once opened as it will go rancid being a nut/seed oil.

Russ
I doubt you got a bad batch - that stuff is strong, and it's the one oil I use that I don't eyeball, because two drops too many will make something inedible to me. Usually, when a recipe calls for it, I cut it 50% with vegetable oil, just because it's so strong.

Russ

I too, doubt it was bad. It is an oil where you need only a few tiny droplets. Otherwise its completely overpowering. Its a very economical oil!

Sweet potato and peanut stew, followed by a slice of gingerbread

Sweet potato and peanut stew_sm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom