What did you cook/eat today (February 2020)?

Polenta Pizza-style with sausage - quite substantial

It's a Korean rice dish with separately cooked components, in our case marinated ground meat, carrots, mushrooms, bean sprouts, spinach, and eggs, with bibimbap sauce made with gochujang as a base. I got the recipe at mykoreankitchen.com a while back and it has become a regular in our meal rotations

Bibimbap is really good, but can be a lot of work to make -- especially for one person. I only made it once. I go out for it if I want it.

Like medtran49 said, you make the separate components, and stir them together when you go to eat it.

BBap800600.jpg

It was SatNavSaysStraightOn who edited this time. When you upload photos you need to click on 'Full Image' (see below).

View attachment 37611

I'm sure you know this already but thought I'd say it anyway! Does this not work on your Samsung tablet?

No, for some reason it wouldn't do it. Am sure it's just because this tablet is so ancient. Anyway, had a bit of a win with getting a replacement laptop from the owner of the property of where I'm staying. Part of the deal is not publishing online what happened.

It's a Korean rice dish with separately cooked components, in our case marinated ground meat, carrots, mushrooms, bean sprouts, spinach, and eggs, with bibimbap sauce made with gochujang as a base. I got the recipe at mykoreankitchen.com a while back and it has become a regular in our meal rotations
I've stayed in Seoul about 20 years ago, still didn't see half the words you used. I need to investigate Korean food more. My wife said she had the best salad EVER in her life at the Swisshotel in Seoul. I don't remember what was in it? I'll ask her tonight.
Btw thanks.

Russ

I've just linked that site, good site, I'm trying the chicken bulgogi soon. Sound real nice, I'm not big on sesame, I find it too strong. But I'll give it a whirl.

Russ

I've stayed in Seoul about 20 years ago, still didn't see half the words you used. I need to investigate Korean food more. My wife said she had the best salad EVER in her life at the Swisshotel in Seoul. I don't remember what was in it? I'll ask her tonight.
Btw thanks.

Russ

Around here, you won't necessarily find Bibimbap at your local Korean BBQ shop. The place I go to only makes Bibimbap. Maybe it is the same around the world.

CD

Around here, you won't necessarily find Bibimbap at your local Korean BBQ shop. The place I go to only makes Bibimbap. Maybe it is the same around the world.

CD

I've never seen that word but I will get to make it sometime. We have good Asian shops here. I can get almost everything. And I've locked the site in. We eat a lot of Asian foods so I will keep looking for a sit down meal.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom