What did you cook/eat today (February 2020)?

Hope you install quicker than I did, bought new one about 4 years ago, sat in garage until a year ago. New one is stainless.

Russ

It was manufactured in Sukhothai (about 600 km west of us) and brought to our house yesterday and installed yesterday.

Collards and dirty rice. Not pretty, but really good.

Daughter is cooking dinner tonight, panko chicken and okinomiyaki. It's up there in my top 5 dishes.
I was hungry before at midday, had a sammich, sliced cold beef sausage with relish and burger rings. Yes all in one sammich. Don't knock it until you try it. Leftover from BBQ on Friday.

Russ

41C5A523-94FC-46F9-9CE9-A88EEEB0BCD7.jpeg

As you can imagine, I was skeptical when I got this. I have tried it previously to poach eggs, which it claims to be able to do three at a time. But, the poached eggs are all basically hard-boiled eggs in a cool egg shape, formed by the mold where you drop the eggs. If I’m using this to poach, I want to keep an eye on it, and take them out well before the timer says.

But, I was pleasantly surprised by how well things turned out using the hard-boiled function. The eggs were never actually immersed in the water, so they’re basically steamed. And, they turn out perfectly:

I’m not quite ready to eat crow, but eggs? Yes.

Any pics of lamb please.?

Rus

Nope, all gone. I overcooked it just slightly to medium instead of med rare, but it was still nice and juicy. Rubbed it with garlic, thyme, lemon zest, s and p, and let it sit for a couple of hours.

Back
Top Bottom