What did you cook/eat today (January 2020)?

Not a good photo, I was very hungry
It is sausage, beans and sage in tomato sauce in Tuscan fashion

Am on my annual leave, so have just popped over to Bali for a while. First full day, so had to have a couple of Balinese (Indonesian) classics. Crispy fried duck for lunch, and mixed sate for dinner just now.

My favourite holiday destination when I worked in Malaysia. Just nip over for a few days when work was slack. Dewater Beach and Jimbaran were our favourites.

They are special, I like them very much.
What seasoning did you use?

I'll post a sort of recipe - I didn't do the classic Puntarelle Alla Romana. Well, in truth I did do that first (not photographed) and I think its really brilliant. The anchovy dressing is just perfect with them. But this recipe (I made up!) was vegan...

View attachment 37193

View attachment 37194

Am on my annual leave, so have just popped over to Bali for a while. First full day, so had to have a couple of Balinese (Indonesian) classics. Crispy fried duck for lunch, and mixed sate for dinner just now.

You're brave, I havnt been since the bombings, don't intend to go back either. I loved the bargaining around Kuta.

Russ

I'll post a sort of recipe - I didn't do the classic Puntarelle Alla Romana. Well, in truth I did do that first (not photographed) and I think its really brilliant. The anchovy dressing is just perfect with them. But this recipe (I made up!) was vegan...

They are perfect also without any other dressing, I agree. And stir-fried are even more delicious

We had an impromptu ground beef stroganoff. Craig was tired of cooking since he's been doing nearly all of it this week given my foot issue, so it was either order something out or have something easy for me to cook sitting down mostly. We only had white button mushrooms, but did have dried porcini and porcini powder, so I used the porcini powder to make the saucy part. Came out pretty darn good. We may even skip using the canned mushroom soup we usually use, but didn't have, from now on.

Back
Top Bottom