What did you cook/eat today (July 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG-20170724-WA0014.jpg

Puff pastry stuffed with strawberries Jam, butter peanuts and some fresh blueberries.. I've only tasted jam and blueberries, almost nothing about PB. I think I'm gonna try it with the same ingredients but using crepes. Maybe it will be more success

I believe tenderloin is what we (in UK) call fillet? It certainly looks the part (and excellently cooked in my opinion).

In Thailand the cuts of beef are:

View attachment 9403
Yes. Fillet. Fillet Mignon. We sell it at the deli. One unfortunate thing for us is that it turns dark in the deli window very quickly so we have about two days to sell the cut steaks...once they get too dark they can look unappealing although there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. On the bright side, we bring them home quite often so they don't go to waste or end up in the burger bin(beef I grind up to make burgers(mince), and other items..It's kind of a running joke here. When we are feeling a bit over worked we cheer ourselves up by saying "Aww, really? Tenderloin, AGAIN?".

Beef_Tenderloin_main.jpg

Last edited:
Beef Tenderloin on salad /w some blue cheese

bnl2IY8.jpg

Rock, this is getting spooky! Last week you cooked pork tenderloin the day before I did. This week its steak and salad. Do you have CCTV in my fridge?:peekaboo:

My mother is visiting for lunch tomorrow and we decided to cook steak frites with Bearnaise sauce for her. However, at a cooking demonstration yesterday we saw James Martin prepare ribeye steak on a bed of salad with a blue cheese dressing, and decided to switch to that instead (being a bit lighter for lunchtime). It looked very much like yours, but the blue cheese was incorporated into a salad dressing (inc. sour cream, mayo, buttermilk and white wine vinegar).

That steak looks awesome - I shall be well chuffed if mine comes out anywhere near that good!

Rock, this is getting spooky! Last week you cooked pork tenderloin the day before I did. This week its steak and salad. Do you have CCTV in my fridge?:peekaboo:

My mother is visiting for lunch tomorrow and we decided to cook steak frites with Bearnaise sauce for her. However, at a cooking demonstration yesterday we saw James Martin prepare ribeye steak on a bed of salad with a blue cheese dressing, and decided to switch to that instead (being a bit lighter for lunchtime). It looked very much like yours, but the blue cheese was incorporated into a salad dressing (inc. sour cream, mayo, buttermilk and white wine vinegar).

That steak looks awesome - I shall be well chuffed if mine comes out anywhere near that good!
Great minds think alike....I just fried mine in a hot pan with salt and pepper. About three minutes a side, then let it sit for about 10 minutes..

Our fillets arrive this colour (previously frozen).

That would have been shrink wrapped? Looks like it has had some aging...once exposed to oxygen, it can turn bright red the first day, then starts to darken. I would guess because of the high iron content in the hemoglobin..it darkens more rapidly than other cuts of beef...

That would have been shrink wrapped? Looks like it has had some aging...once exposed to oxygen, it can turn bright red the first day, then starts to darken. I would guess because of the high iron content in the hemoglobin..it darkens more rapidly than other cuts of beef...

Yes, it is shrink wrapped and the nomenclature on the pack is "aged beef fillet".

And I suspected that fairies or goblins were involved.

Yes, it is shrink wrapped and the nomenclature on the pack is "aged beef fillet".

And I suspected that fairies or goblins were involved.
There you have it.

I pay about US$ 26.00/kg for that.
We sell fresh for a bit of a higher price than that..summer time is terrible for beef prices here in Canada..the demand sky rockets, so naturally, so does the asking price..it will drop again late August and more so in the fall and winter..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom