What did you cook/eat today (July 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sausages and onion gravy tonight. Son and daughter have vegan sausages. Partner has meat sausages. The thick gravy is made using caramelised onions, flour, Marmite and dark soy sauce (with water). It really tastes rather 'beefy'!
I haven't had sausages with onion gravy for ages. It's probably just as well I feel full up.....:giggle:

Raspberries have just about run out round here. A disappointingly thin crop this year, possibly because of a mild winter. We've had years when we've managed a dozen or so jars of jam, but not remotely close this time. One jar of jam, a few crumbles and bakes, but that is the lot. One last, defiant crumble this afternoon, accompanied by ice cream.

Odd day. We wound up in Sweetwater. That 5 for $1 booksale. The restaurant we wanted was already closed for the day. We found a BBQ place on our GPS, we drove over there but it was gone. Not even the building.
So we drove back to Allsups. (Regional convenience store), got 4 of their beef chimichangas fresh out of the fryer. We started back home. They were finally cool enough to eat when we got to the rest area outside of Westbrook. (About half an hour). Then it started raining.

We didn't have enough leftovers for full meals for us. Instead,I made frittata for a light supper, leaving the leftovers for rummaging later. I used bacon, onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms, ham, spinach, cheddar cheese, and eggs for the frittata, and baked it up in one of my old cast iron pans. A leftover biscuit with my wedge, but a homemade sweet scone for dessert a bit later.

20170730_214432.jpg

39/40 C today...I was scared to go out from my office and leave conditionair. At 1pm lunch time, the temperature was 41 C! I've booked by phone to a pub a mixed salad with rocket salad, tomatoes, cucumber, shrimps and avocado, seasoned with lemon and a pinch of salt...shrimps were evaporated and rocket salad needed to be watered...."fortunately" there were a packet of grissini. What a consolation.......

39/40 C today...I was scared to go out from my office and leave conditionair. At 1pm lunch time, the temperature was 41 C! I've booked by phone to a pub a mixed salad with rocket salad, tomatoes, cucumber, shrimps and avocado, seasoned with lemon and a pinch of salt...shrimps were evaporated and rocket salad needed to be watered...."fortunately" there were a packet of grissini. What a consolation.......
You have my sympathy on that heat.

Today will be a slow cooker meatloaf with steamed baked potatoes and not sure what else yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom