What did you cook/eat today (July 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday night's dinner was the ubiquitous salad, along with a beef and Havarti sandwich, dinner fries, and a bit of my batch one pickles.

20170728_230113.jpg

On Saturday, we had salads with three greens (arugula, baby spinach, and romaine), black and green olives, raw mushrooms, and grape tomatoes. The main event was baked ham, fresh green beans, and tubular buttermilk biscuits.

20170729_213713.jpg

She's thrown the packet away already.

I've tried three different mixes up to now (after finding out that my attempts were pathetic) but the latest one was the best IMO. I think using the halogen oven was beneficial also because of the short cooking time required.

Anyway, the powder is available in UK I've found - http://raanthai.co.uk/shop/ROS-DEE-Menu---Roasted-Red-Pork-Sauce-Powder---AJINOMOTO--7790.html

It's called "moo daeng" here in Thailand (pork red).

[For information my attempts used the following: crushed garlic, pureed ginger, tomato puree, hoisin sauce, honey, soy sauce and balsanic vinegar.]

no 5 spice powder?

She's thrown the packet away already.

I've tried three different mixes up to now (after finding out that my attempts were pathetic) but the latest one was the best IMO. I think using the halogen oven was beneficial also because of the short cooking time required.

Anyway, the powder is available in UK I've found - http://raanthai.co.uk/shop/ROS-DEE-Menu---Roasted-Red-Pork-Sauce-Powder---AJINOMOTO--7790.html

It's called "moo daeng" here in Thailand (pork red).

[For information my attempts used the following: crushed garlic, pureed ginger, tomato puree, hoisin sauce, honey, soy sauce and balsanic vinegar.]

Thank you - seems its currently out of stock. But I'll have a search later - I may be able to find it somewhere else. I suspect it has red colouring in it.

Only the two words "torta salata" that I don't remember how to say in english..."savoury pie" maybe? Or "salty cake" but this doesn't sounds so well with me.
As far as I can tell it translates as 'savoury tart' - usually made with phyllo pastry and savoury ingredients which can vary - and egg.

Sausages and onion gravy tonight. Son and daughter have vegan sausages. Partner has meat sausages. The thick gravy is made using caramelised onions, flour, Marmite and dark soy sauce (with water). It really tastes rather 'beefy'!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom