What did you cook/eat today (July 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home made pizza - spinach, mozzarella, olives, onions. A vegan version was made using vegan 'cheese' for my son. I'm not convinced about the latter.

What vegan cheese did you use? I have yet to find one I like.

Last night was proper chippie fish supper. Battered haddock, chips, mushy peas. Loads of salt and vinegar. And a beer :)

This evening I'm making a BBQ (Probably on the grill as the weather looks iffy), so I made a light lunch of my take on Tomato Rasam. I then realised the spice mix has cinnamon in it! (I made the mix a couple of months ago). Instead of serving it with rice, I added some extra veg to make more of a soup. I sometime s add chickpeas too. It really blows the cobwebs away! (A good vegan alternative to chicken soup when full of cold/flu, I find)

20170729_104847_resized.jpg

What vegan cheese did you use? I have yet to find one I like.

Last night was proper chippie fish supper. Battered haddock, chips, mushy peas. Loads of salt and vinegar. And a beer :)

yummy.jpg

Ordered in a pizza..the kitchen dilemma continues..they guys we got to do the drywall did a terrible job. we had to get somebody else in last night to fix a few things and continue to finish it for painting..old friend, so we just had pizza and beers....

Looks good. I haven't done char sui in a while...I better do some up this week....

Ordered in a pizza..the kitchen dilemma continues..they guys we got to do the drywall did a terrible job. we had to get somebody else in last night to fix a few things and continue to finish it for painting..old friend, so we just had pizza and beers....

Nightmare! You must be getting fed up...

ey guys we got to do the drywall did a terrible job. we had to get somebody else in last night to fix a few things and continue to finish it for painting..old friend, so we just had pizza and beers....

Similar here. Plasterers didn't finish last night so the place was a mess so takeaway it was. Fortunately the BBQ I am cooking tonight will be at my parents.

I read that you shouldn't use pork loin for char sui. I can confirm that that statement is rubbish.
My guess would be that any slow cooked pork dish would call for a fattier cut like pork shoulder or rib end cuts, so it would be less likely to dry out...I've used pork tenderloin also and it has been decent..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom