What did you cook/eat today (June 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight's dinner. Aubergine, sweet pepper, baby bok choi and black-eyed beans in pomegranate molasses and oyster sauce. Served with brown rice.
That looks gorgeous, although I'd have to pass on the oyster sauce. I suppose I could always do something similar with soy sauce.....

GF bought a turkey on sale the other day and wanted a classic turkey dinner...so, I made one. I cooked the turkey and made the gravy at the deli today. Then, finished it off here at the house...Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! We're not very good at timing...
7l28Yfh.jpg

Last edited:
GF bought a turkey the other day and wanted a classic turkey dinner...so, I made one. I cooked the turkey and made the gravy at the deli today. Then, finished it off here at the house...Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! We're not very good at timing...
7l28Yfh.jpg
It's just turned 1 a.m. here in the UK, and suddenly I'm feeling very hungry :laugh:

GF bought a turkey on sale the other day and wanted a classic turkey dinner...so, I made one. I cooked the turkey and made the gravy at the deli today. Then, finished it off here at the house...Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! We're not very good at timing...
7l28Yfh.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving, Rock! All the best to you and yours. :hungry:

Happy Turkey Day, roch! It almost feels like Thanksgiving by us. Drizzle, temperature in the low 50s. Will someone please tell Mom Nature to get with it? Just not as "with" as the 90 degrees I saw at the end of the 7-day guesscast.

I roasted a smoked ham, along with a sheet pan of potatoes and green beans. Simmered some Swiss chard in garlic and olive oil. Finished up the last of the corn bread. We feel like little piggies...
20170605_210821.jpg

That looks gorgeous, although I'd have to pass on the oyster sauce. I suppose I could always do something similar with soy sauce.....
It has soy sauce in it too - you could substitute black bean sauce for oyster. That would work. I'll post up the recipe when I get time!

7l28Yfh.jpg
What a great idea. I think I must cook Christmas dinner more often! It looks delicious.

You know, I never thought of it before, but do the good folks of England celebrate any specific harvest festival of thanks? You of course know about Canadian and American Thanksgiving, and there are similar celebrations in Korea (Chusok). Germany (Octoberfest), and Japan (Kinrokashahi).

Oh wow..that's sounds so succulent to me...

I have a jar of opened black olives in the fridge which have been there a few months. I checked them yesterday with a view to putting them on this pizza but by today, I'd forgotten all about them!

Oh wow..that's sounds so succulent to me...

This is what's on the pizza:

A thin layer of tomato puree (paste):

Mashed tomato and chopped Thai red chilis:

Sliced raw onions:

Grated Mozzarella cheese:

Sliced pepperoni and dried oregano:

You know, I never thought of it before, but do the good folks of England celebrate any specific harvest festival of thanks? You of course know about Canadian and American Thanksgiving, and there are similar celebrations in Korea (Chusok). Germany (Octoberfest), and Japan (Kinrokashahi).

There is Harvest Festival in the late summer - its mainly a Christian religious festival so as most of us are not practising Christians over here it doesn't really get celebrated. Well, at least no-one I know celebrates it. I think schools still celebrate it - traditionally it was celebrated by people bringing produce to church which would then be distributed to the poor. I'm sure this still happens in most churches here - but as I say, not many people attend church in the UK.

This is what's on the pizza:

A thin layer of tomato puree (paste):

Mashed tomato and chopped Thai red chilis:

Sliced raw onions:

Grated Mozzarella cheese:

Sliced pepperoni and dried oregano:

Did you prepare homemade dough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom