What did you cook/eat today (March 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beef tenderloin with Gorgonzola cream sauce, roasted potatoes in duck fat...
37zdPKX.jpg

EM0SZWU.jpg

I made Tom Kerridge's Pork Sausage Roast today. First time I've made it and I made it as faithfully as I could to the recipe, as I saw him demo it on TV a couple of weeks back. Of course, Tom Kerridge eulogised about the special qualities of the pork mince he used, the film leading up to him preparing it was him visiting the farm where the pigs were reared. Whereas mine, of course, was made from generic supermarket pork mince. Nevertheless it was very good, and generally well received, including from the two guests we had for dinner. Couple of things I can improve on next time. And the best thing is - there were a couple of slices left over. I have a feeling that they are going to be the basis of some excellent lunch-time sandwiches tomorrow...

I saw that recipe too! I must try it.

I made Tom Kerridge's Pork Sausage Roast today. First time I've made it and I made it as faithfully as I could to the recipe, as I saw him demo it on TV a couple of weeks back. Of course, Tom Kerridge eulogised about the special qualities of the pork mince he used, the film leading up to him preparing it was him visiting the farm where the pigs were reared. Whereas mine, of course, was made from generic supermarket pork mince. Nevertheless it was very good, and generally well received, including from the two guests we had for dinner. Couple of things I can improve on next time. And the best thing is - there were a couple of slices left over. I have a feeling that they are going to be the basis of some excellent lunch-time sandwiches tomorrow...
I see it had pork stock...never seen stock cubes for that! Oh, you can get ham stock cubes I think - did you use that?

I see it had pork stock...never seen stock cubes for that! Oh, you can get ham stock cubes I think - did you use that?

Knorr produce a pork stock cube here which we use occasionally. For beef I use OXO.

s-l225.jpg

In Yorkshire (at least the part that I come from) they would already have been eaten as a "starter":

View attachment 5973

Of all the crazy stuff I've eaten, I've never had Yorkshire pudding. :(

Beef tenderloin with Gorgonzola cream sauce, roasted potatoes in duck fat...
37zdPKX.jpg

EM0SZWU.jpg

Rock, umm, I don't know how to say this, but I think love you, man.

(The "man" part makes it OK)

It was a soup day here, weather wise. I made a small pot of Italian sausage, cannellini beans, and escarole soup. I also made a bit of ditalini pasta to toss into our bowls, having learned that any pasta added to the pot sucks up the broth before we have a chance at it.

Those little pastas always make me think of the colorful stringing beads our daughter would make jewelry from when she was small. *sigh*

Yummy Kaprow rice.
Sharing the recipe of the Kaprow Rice, so everyone can enjoy this delicious dish.
Kaprow Rice
Leftover Cooked Rice - 1cup
Eggs -2
Chicken -50gms
Basil Leaves - a few
Leftover Vegetables - 1cup (Peppers, mushroom, carrots etc)
Tom kha/ tom yum paste - 2 tbsp
Soy sauce - 1 tsp
Oyster sauce - 1 tbsp
Oil- 2-3 tbsp
Minced garlic - 2-3 tbsp

How to make this recipe

Season the eggs with salt and scramble in a work & keep aside. Heat oil again in the same work, add
minced garlic, tom yum or tom kha pasta, soy sauce, oyster sauce and the diced chicken. Keep stirring on a high flame till the chicken is cooked. Throw in rice, all the vegetables, basil leaves and season with salt & pepper. Add the scrambled egg, stir well and serve your all in one kapow rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom