What did you cook/eat today (May 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been eating out a lot. Not my first choice but we are busy with work and family. Tonight was good..Hunan dumplings in hot sauce, Hot and Sour soup, Cantonese chow mein...

Hubby mentioned etouffee, but I didn't have green pepper in the house. Nor was I in the mood to fuss with a roux. And I like finding opportunities to serve up some polenta/grits. I make too creamy of grits to justify calling them that, but I'll still say I made shrimp and grits. We also had my version of a wedge salad - I like to cut the lettuce in bite-size pieces after I lay the wedge on the plate, and I prefer making it with a Caesar dressing and wafers of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese because I don't like Blue cheese. Apparently, I'm not good at following the usual food rules...

20170529_203929.jpg
20170529_202349.jpg

Today will be roast, potatoes, carrots. Homemade bread. Chocolate chip cookies.
The staff is working hard as we speak.

That's what I thought - what is that at the top of the first photo @MypinchofItaly? It certainly looks like pie and mash.

Yes is pie and mush but not for breakfast..that was my husband lunch. We had this at 12 because we start to walk and walk..
Anyway only mine was English breakfast (but for lunch).
Whilst my real breakfast at the hotel was very light - coffee and yoghurt (waiting to go out and have the full English breakfast in the pic)..

Agreed. But then there is the idea of what is properly cooked in the first instance? I think I would be right in saying it should be a creamy affair, loosely cooked. But I have come across many people (not chefs) who seem to prefer firm dryish curds. I think there could be a thread about this on the Forum - I'll look. If not I will begin one tomorrow and try to photograph my idea of perfect scrambled eggs!

I like my scrambled eggs just cooked and still a bit runny otherwise it can resemble rubber.

Yes is pie and mush but not for breakfast..that was my husband lunch. We had this at 12 because we start to walk and walk..
Anyway only mine was English breakfast (but for lunch).
Whilst my real breakfast at the hotel was very light - coffee and yoghurt (waiting to go out and have the full English breakfast in the pic)..

:highfive: my kind of day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom