What did you cook/eat today (May 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For dinner we have been in a pub close to our hotel...very nice and I had mackerel salad with potatoes, asparagus, boiled eggs and seasoned with Lemon.....I've devoured it! Good, good, good!!!
20170530_111106.jpg

I slow cooked a piece of pork loin with onions and sauerkraut. We had that over mashed potatoes, with sides of braised cabbage and homemade applesauce. No photo since it was mostly beige food on a tan-colored plate. However, later we had a snack of fresh fruit (cherries and apricots, black- and blueberries, plus a sliced orange for the juice) with some vanilla ice cream. That was pretty:

20170531_010937.jpg

Pie, mash and gravy for breakfast!? :ohmy:
What? Haven't you ever had the previous night's leftover for breakfast the next day? Nothing wrong with a bit of turkey gravy over the last of the stuffing...before anyone else gets up. :cool:

Lunch was just half an avocado mashed with the remaining hummus served on what counts as dark German rye bread here. Soft, fluffy, definitely not German or Rye, mostly likely dyed dark brown, it didn't look natural...

DSC_1487.JPG

Followed by a raspberry and dark chocolate tart and a soya latte before spending the afternoon at the national museum of Australia before collecting hubby from the airport.

DSC_1489.JPG

(I've done thumbnails because I think the file sizes might be a bit large... I'll fix it tomorrow.)

I slow cooked a piece of pork loin with onions and sauerkraut. We had that over mashed potatoes, with sides of braised cabbage and homemade applesauce. No photo since it was mostly beige food on a tan-colored plate. However, later we had a snack of fresh fruit (cherries and apricots, black- and blueberries, plus a sliced orange for the juice) with some vanilla ice cream. That was pretty:

View attachment 7412

What? Haven't you ever had the previous night's leftover for breakfast the next day? Nothing wrong with a bit of turkey gravy over the last of the stuffing...before anyone else gets up. :cool:
Braised cabbage? Sounds good.

For dinner we have been in a pub close to our hotel...very nice and I had mackerel salad with potatoes, asparagus, boiled eggs and seasoned with Lemon.....I've devoured it! Good, good, good!!!
View attachment 7400

Lovely. I don't know how long you are in Scotland but if you like the smoked mackerel then you should try kippers. They are often served as a breakfast dish. :happy:

Roast with sweet n sour sauce, potatoes and carrots, green beans with bacon and homemade bread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom