What did you cook/eat today (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunch today was Square Spaghetti with a sauce made with cherry tomatoes, black garlic, guanciale (pork cheek) and Pecorino

IMG_0995.JPG

An apple crumble muffin and coffee served in a mug from one of my brothers' radio stations (he has a show about food that he calls Pandora's Lunchbox). Here's the address in case you want to hear past episodes:

WCBN-FM — Pandora’s Lunchbox

I say one of my brothers' radio stations because he's also a newsreader at WUOM, a public radio station. WCBN is a volunteer-only station where he's a had a show for decades.

Braised oxtail over french fries. I know it sounds odd, but this is what the recipe we always use for oxtail calls for. We usually serve over mashies, but thought we'd give the fries a try. It was different, but I think we prefer the mashies.

I reckon either would be good judging by how that braised oxtail looks.

Braised oxtail over french fries. I know it sounds odd, but this is what the recipe we always use for oxtail calls for. We usually serve over mashies, but thought we'd give the fries a try. It was different, but I think we prefer the mashies.
This comes across as a sort of oxtail poutine. I made oxtail once, and it was chewy, but it had an amazing flavor. I'd be curious to see a recipe, if you don't mind.

This recipe didn't exactly go sideways, but it did tilt a little. It was a vodka-tomato cream sauce that was meant to be puréed, but I had some sausage to use up, and I forgot to blend it before putting in the sausage.

It was still really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom