What did you cook/eat today (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With fast food, I almost always order the same thing at each place:

1. BK - Whopper, Jr, no cheese, fries, water or unsweetened iced tea to drink.

2. McD's - Regular cheeseburger, large fries, water or unsweetened iced tea to drink.

3. Arby's - Regular roast beef, two potato cakes, water or unsweetened iced tea to drink.

4. Subway - 6" Veggie Delite, no cheese, in flatbread, oil and vinegar.

5. Taco Bell - 1 bean burrito, crunchy nachos, water or unsweetened iced tea to drink.

6. Popeye's chicken - 2-piece dinner (all dark meat, so they always throw in a third piece), red beans and rice, a biscuit, and water or unsweetened iced tea to drink.
I go to our local McD's drive-thru and get one of their Classic range of burgers with or without fries. I take the mutt and share. He thinks it's a great treat as well. There's a Subway on the next corner to my house, I've never been in it. You have to go right inside to be served so I can't take the mutt with me. I don't like going there on my own if it's dark. We have a KFC but he won't eat anything from there, and by the look of some of the food that's been dumped on the pavement I can't blame him. There's a kebab van right outside KFC. They have queues and a better hygiene rating than the KFC plus they give the mutt freebies even if I don't buy anything! I haven't tried the Turkish restaurant yet, but it always seems to be full during the day.

I baked a chocolate sponge cake in my slow cooker last night, so had a "test slice" for late breakfast.
Didn't have lunch because I had to take my new glasses back to the opticians on account of not being able to see properly with them and having an awful headache from wearing them. I can actually see more without them on than I can with.
I made up for it at dinner time with a Middle Eastern dinner made up of four different items plus flatbreads (recipes to be written up later). I followed it up with an orange and another slice of chocolate cake.
Middle Eastern miscellany.jpg

I forget to tell you, I had a couple of chocolate biscuits for a snack as well and will be having a cup of hot chocolate before I go to bed. I think you will notice there is a theme here :giggle:

Monterey chicken with roasted red bell slices and asparagus with Monterey Jack cheese sauce over spaghetti. It was supposed to be fettuccine, but the spaghetti was on top. Liquid for the cheese sauce was chicken stock, cream and white wine. Garlic rolls for bread. Not pretty, but pretty easy and tasty, though I think I'll use Parm next time.

I’m always a bit puzzled when I read “pepperoni” to mean “salame” (or salami, in English).. anyway, pepperoni, salami or other, that pizza looks delicious!
It wasn't that great. The worst part was the crust, which was very dry and crumbly, like shortbread. 🤨

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom