What did you cook/eat today (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a great spread of food. I noticed the quirky gravy boat (I assume its a gravy boat). :)

View attachment 34261
Yep,it's a gravy boat and the two little guys are S&P shakers. Quirky indeed. 😂😂 I think I purchased it at "Big Lots" store over 25 years ago... Big Lots was our town's precursor to the Dollar Store.

Backbay - remember when it was Odd Lots before it was Big Lots. We still have quite a few Big Lots here - it's where I go to get a lot of my tea biscuits.

Chicken in a brick.

Backbay - remember when it was Odd Lots before it was Big Lots. We still have quite a few Big Lots here - it's where I go to get a lot of my tea biscuits.
Tasty, now that you mention it - I do think it was Odd Lots at the time. It's still in the same location shouldered by a dollar store and an Ollie's Bargin on each side. I still luv to spend time in Big Lots looking though all the different varieties of pre packaged foods and purchasing a few now and then. Can remember when first married and money was in short supply - it was my "go to" for holiday knicks knacks, wrappings and CANDY!!

Tasty, now that you mention it - I do think it was Odd Lots at the time. It's still in the same location shouldered by a dollar store and an Ollie's Bargin on each side. I still luv to spend time in Big Lots looking though all the different varieties of pre packaged foods and purchasing a few now and then. Can remember when first married and money was in short supply - it was my "go to" for holiday knicks knacks, wrappings and CANDY!!
Ollie's is where I get my pods for tea and coffee and my cookbooks for $1.49.

Each Christmas, we have a tradition of stuffing stockings with cheap goodies, and Big Lots is also my go-to place, because I can get slightly more...exotic things there, and they're cheap. Perfect for stocking stuffers.

MypinchofItaly - as promised:

I lied when I said no one else was here. The manager was forcibly removing a homeless man for loitering.

The last time I was here (probably a year ago), there was a fist-fight going on between an employee and a customer. The customer shouted a threat of promised gun violence the following day (on his way to getting knocked out the door) and the employee responded with, "That's what you said yesterday, and here you are today, on your ass in the parking lot!" :laugh:

Even better, while they were duking it out inside, a very old man waited patiently, trying to get to the drinks machine to refill his cup. Finally, he shouted, "Excuse me, young man!" and damn if they didn't slide right out of his way, never interrupting their punch party! :laugh: 🤣

MypinchofItaly - as promised:

I lied when I said no one else was here. The manager was forcibly removing a homeless man for loitering.

The last time I was here (probably a year ago), there was a fist-fight going on between an employee and a customer. The customer shouted a threat of promised gun violence the following day (on his way to getting knocked out the door) and the employee responded with, "That's what you said yesterday, and here you are today, on your ass in the parking lot!" :laugh:

Even better, while they were duking it out inside, a very old man waited patiently, trying to get to the drinks machine to refill his cup. Finally, he shouted, "Excuse me, young man!" and damn if they didn't slide right out of his way, never interrupting their punch party! :laugh: 🤣

That 'meat' looks seriously distressed. Oh my! So you dined there because...?

Royal Castle was our go to in south Florida. We stopped in on our way to fishing off a causeway bridge. A 12 pack of burgers (actually sliders but that term wasn't used back then) and a large Birch beer. They were the originator of the Orange Julius I believe.

That 'meat' looks seriously distressed. Oh my! So you dined there because...?
Just to remind myself why I don't eat there more often.:headshake:

Seriously, though, believe it or not (after looking at that meal), White Castle has militantly dedicated following. They also do white linen table service on Valentine's Day (what would you tell your special someone if they took you to White Castle on Valentine's Day?) and there's even a very popular recipe for Thanksgiving stuffing/dressing made from chopped up White Castle sliders. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom