What did you cook/eat today (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had put a piece of pork loin into brine and had plans for dinner, but the closer it got to dinner, the less I felt like cooking as today was just not a good day. So, told Craig I was sorry but just didn't feel like cooking. He asked what should we order. Told him I didn't really care so he suggested Greek. We got spanikopita and tzatziki for apps, moussaka for Craig, a gyro platter for me and Galaktobouriko for dessert.

Drained the brine from the loin and put it back in the fridge for tomorrow.

Was going to make chicken n pumpkin risotto , but wife rang, daughter needs help tonight packing clothes ready for her move. She has 10 days. I'm gunna be busy.

Take oot , as Yorky says,lol.

Russ

Russ

Managed to cook today after getting home.
This was a new recipe to me, from my Silk Road cookbook. It also contained apple, so qualifies for both the cookbook challenge and the ingredient challenge. Hopefully I'll get chance the write it up and review done tomorrow.

Pizza for dinner! With lot of spicy salame/salami/pepperoni

Veggie stew for dinner tonight - onions, leeks, potatoes, carrots, Brussel sprouts, and tomato (all fresh and organic) with just a couple of crushed cloves of garlic, freshly ground black pepper, and dried crushed chilli for flavour. I was hoping to keep some for soup tomorrow but it was too nice. I had rice pudding with hot cream (top of the milk) and dried fruit for afters.

Veggie stew for dinner tonight - onions, leeks, potatoes, carrots, Brussel sprouts, and tomato (all fresh and organic) with just a couple of crushed cloves of garlic, freshly ground black pepper, and dried crushed chilli for flavour. I was hoping to keep some for soup tomorrow but it was too nice. I had rice pudding with hot cream (top of the milk) and dried fruit for afters.
That sounds wonderful!

As kids we used to get the cream from the top of milk for our weet bix. I loved it. No such thing now, just milk. Do you still get it, the cream on top?

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom