What did you cook/eat today (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinner this evening, perfectly cooked smoked cod and my husbands perfect cheese sauce. He knows how to make me happy.

We went to a place near my parent's house called Sam's Seafood and Steaks. Most of the food is deep fried seafood, but it is REALLY good. I had catfish and oysters, with fried okra on the side. It was perfectly cooked, and it was a huge meal. I am stuffed.

CD

Hosted a little housewarming party! Because I have been pressed for time I only made two cakes ( cheesecake and chocolate cake) and bought most of the other things. We had a last minute visit to the vet yesterday so didn't get to prep much for the party. Anyhow, here is the spread:

There were four different types of French cheese, French baguettes, paté, dried garlic sausage, ailioli, olives, chopped vegetables, sweet peppadews with cream cheese, spiced nuts, garlic butter, mini quiches and puff pastry snacks ( not pictured) .

Tasty, what's the dip? Do you have Lawson's French Onion dip in your part of the state? Lawson's as in convenience store of 70s or was it the 60s?
We don't have Lawson's. For cream dips, it's either Kroger brand or Dean's (currently going bankrupt), maybe Trauth's at some of the smaller shops.

That dip is a packet of Kroger ranch dressing mix, sour cream, and a little mayo.

I got hungry for some Buffalo wings. I prefer to cook them myself, because the wing restaurants overcook their wings. But, that's not why men go to Hooters anyway. I'm at the age where I prefer to eat good wings, than to look at breasts. :laugh:

My wing sauce is a mix of butter and Frank's Red Hot sauce.

View attachment 34588

CD
I love Frank's.

"I put that sh!t on everything."

Just kidding about putting it on everything of course. For those who are not in the US, Frank's Red Hot is famous and the commercial tagline is a little old lady who divulges that information quite proudly, using those exact words. I suppose it's supposed to be shocking that profanity would come out of an older person's mouth? HA! They never met my SE Texas grandma!

View: https://youtu.be/e0xE3CzCAGQ

I love Frank's.

"I put that sh!t on everything."

Just kidding about putting it on everything of course. For those who are not in the US, Frank's Red Hot is famous and the commercial tagline is a little old lady who divulges that information quite proudly, using those exact words. I suppose it's supposed to be shocking that profanity would come out of an older person's mouth? HA! They never met my SE Texas grandma!

View: https://youtu.be/e0xE3CzCAGQ

Thanks I enjoyed that, even giggled.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom