What did you cook/eat today (October 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much nice food.

@LadyBelle What do you put in your crumble mix? It looks lovely

@Yorky What is Yorkshire Fried Chicken? Chicken in batter (Yorkshire pudding batter)?

Tonight was using up leftovers from Sunday's roast. Chicken curry and a spicy bubble and squeak. Had the apple and mint pickle with it which was lovely.

I make a basic crumble but add oats and some chopped nuts for a bit of crunch/texture.

I made Red Beans and Andouille Sausage Over Rice (rice not in photo) from @ElizabethB 's recipe.

20171006_161856.jpg

I spent the evening making Gołąbki, or stuffed cabbage rolls, while hubby was out with his telescope. We fully enjoyed some of them with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. We barely made a dent in the batch. I have two containers in the freezer, one with 7 rolls, the other with 5. I also have four more, plus four "porcupine balls" from the leftover meat to use for a supper a few days from now.

20171006_215805.jpg

Please tell us more. Whatever these are, they look delicious.

Rolls: simple puff pastry filled with cooked ham and spreadable cheese (crescenza) with some sesame seeds to garnish.
Bread sticks: puff pastry, several fillings. Anchovies paste, or grated Parmesan cheese + raw ham, beated eggs+poppy seeds and/or sesame seeds.
Baked for 10 mins.

I spent the evening making Gołąbki, or stuffed cabbage rolls, while hubby was out with his telescope. We fully enjoyed some of them with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. We barely made a dent in the batch. I have two containers in the freezer, one with 7 rolls, the other with 5. I also have four more, plus four "porcupine balls" from the leftover meat to use for a supper a few days from now.

View attachment 10821
Do you have a recipe for the stuffed cabbage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom